Reload this Page >

Things cannot bring to Oz

Things cannot bring to Oz

Old May 19th 2004, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

ifriend is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Things cannot bring to Oz

Hi all,

By Oz law, take the egg and fresh food in Oz are prohibited. Beside these two things, is there any list to show that what kind of food or stuff cannot be taken to Oz?

Your answer is much appreciated.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:11 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Things cannot bring to Oz

Originally posted by ifriend
Hi all,

By Oz law, take the egg and fresh food in Oz are prohibited. Beside these two things, is there any list to show that what kind of food or stuff cannot be taken to Oz?

http://www.affa.gov.au/content/outpu...FEEF6E521F00A0

For a start.
Old May 19th 2004, 8:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ifriend
Hi all,

Declare all food and let AQIS decide. Processed foods are generally ok and fresh stuff a no no. Customs here stop a lot of people and you are highly likely to get caught.
Old May 19th 2004, 10:50 am
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I've also been looking into this.... does anyone have any idea if you can take fossils and stones (semi precious) into Oz?

We are only planning on taking these type of things, a few books and some clothes as they are our collectable nicknacks that we don't want to sell / give away. I've searched on the AQIS website and customs, but can't find anything about fossils in particular..... Anybody taken any over and had problems??

Also, fumigation etc. how much did it cost you all? We will only have a couple of boxes of stuff that might need fumigation (wooden ornaments) do they charge by the item or boxload?

Thanks
Lisa
Old May 19th 2004, 11:03 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

If you have pets, def cant bring any pet food in. Also anything that contains egg, or egg by-products. Also dairy products although I believe baby formula is OK if you decalre it.

Cant bring sand in, but as far as I know rocks are OK. I had a bowl of sand that I had collected from beaches in every country ever visited (37 countries so far!) and had to leave that behind, but brought some rocks and stones. Getting my stuff released from customs next week so if you want to pm me I can let you know how my rock collection gets on
M
Old May 19th 2004, 11:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by l_jg
Hi,

but can't find anything about fossils in particular..... Anybody taken any over and had problems??

Lisa
We brought my Mum and she caused us no problems

I think i'm right in saying that as long as they are free from dirt etc they will be fine. Might be worth a phone call to aqui or pm Mr mover, he's a great help in that dept. Good luck!
Old May 19th 2004, 11:42 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Or even email Customs. like I wrote in another thread somewhere, they're pretty responsive to enquiries.
Old May 19th 2004, 11:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Declare all food and let AQIS decide. Processed foods are generally ok and fresh stuff a no no. Customs here stop a lot of people and you are highly likely to get caught.
Yep, and be careful with things you might bring off the plane - people get caught with food they've taken from their meal tray thinking it will be OK. Mrs OzT once had an apple in her bag which she ate on the plane. The sniffer dog at the luggage reclaim went berserk at the smell of where the apple had been. Bags and suitcases searched for prohibited items - nothing found!

OzTennis
Old May 19th 2004, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Salli is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by OzTennis
Yep, and be careful with things you might bring off the plane - people get caught with food they've taken from their meal tray thinking it will be OK. Mrs OzT once had an apple in her bag which she ate on the plane. The sniffer dog at the luggage reclaim went berserk at the smell of where the apple had been. Bags and suitcases searched for prohibited items - nothing found!

OzTennis

Hmmmmm...think I've just found a job for our dog once we get to Oz....she can track food down at huge distances!!! She'd be good at disposing of it too!
Old May 19th 2004, 12:25 pm
Sydney since Oct 04

l_jg is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the advice, will try emailing customs and if I get a reply I'll post it here

Lisa
Old May 19th 2004, 12:34 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mairi&Chris
Also dairy products although I believe baby formula is OK if you decalre it.
According to their website, baby food/formula is okay but must be unopened.
Old May 19th 2004, 12:34 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by OzTennis
Mrs OzT once had an apple in her bag which she ate on the plane. The sniffer dog at the luggage reclaim went berserk at the smell of where the apple had been. Bags and suitcases searched for prohibited items - nothing found!
Ooo that was a bit mean of them. We were in exactly the same position, dog and all, so I explained that I had just disposed of apples and bananas in their handy quarantine bins; they were quite happy with this and waved us on our way.

It's quite impressive how many people do declare stuff on the way in. The queue was enormous!

Mark
Old May 19th 2004, 1:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

My friend came out for our wedding, and had used some kind of apple-scented washing powder or fabric conditioner on all his clothes!!! The AQIS dogs had a field day, leaping all over him
Old May 19th 2004, 1:25 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

poor Alex
Old May 19th 2004, 9:40 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by MarkMyWords
Ooo that was a bit mean of them. We were in exactly the same position, dog and all, so I explained that I had just disposed of apples and bananas in their handy quarantine bins; they were quite happy with this and waved us on our way.

It's quite impressive how many people do declare stuff on the way in. The queue was enormous!

Mark
Thats because they pull over a lot of people, especially ethnic old ladies stuffed with salamis. The system is even tighter than the US so I always declare (the extra bottle of scotch means I have to).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.