Reload this Page >

Things to buy in UK before leaving for Oz

Things to buy in UK before leaving for Oz

Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

psaint7 will become famous soon enough
Default Things to buy in UK before leaving for Oz

Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions on what things to buy in the UK before leaving for Oz??

Thinking of things that may be more expensive or hard to get hold of down under??

Any suggestions welcome
Old Jun 29th 2006, 10:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Things to buy in UK before leaving for Oz

Originally Posted by psaint7
Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions on what things to buy in the UK before leaving for Oz??

Thinking of things that may be more expensive or hard to get hold of down under??

Any suggestions welcome
Hula Hoops and Cherry Coke It's amazing the things you miss
Old Jun 29th 2006, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Hi,

Any suggestions welcome
Anything you can get your hands on!! Especially bananas!! ;-) It only seems to be electrical stuff here that's cheaper - so if you could pick up an Asda or Tesco store you'd be good!!! Marks and Spencer knickers, chocolate, Garibaldi biscuits, Jam tarts.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by it_hooker
Anything you can get your hands on!! Especially bananas!! ;-) It only seems to be electrical stuff here that's cheaper - so if you could pick up an Asda or Tesco store you'd be good!!! Marks and Spencer knickers, chocolate, Garibaldi biscuits, Jam tarts.
M&S tights. Polos. Bananas, if you could bring them in. Certainly eat lots before you come - I paid $5 for 2 the other day
However, there really isnt' anything over there that you can't get over here.

Except bananas. Did I mention them?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:21 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't care what anyone says, Cadbury Dairy milk is NOT the same over here. It has a higher fat content to stop it melting I heard... Anyway, everything else, jam tarts, whatever, you can get here, but UK Cadbury's is much better tasting and I will be bringing a suitcase with me full of it next time I go for a hol to the UK.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:30 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Any suggestions welcome
If you like Maltesers bring a ton over with you, they just don't taste anywhere near as good here. As IPom says bring chocolate, the UK stuff tasted much better. M&S socks because they last more than a few weeks. Power distribution blocks 4 or 6 way are essential and like rocking horse sh!t to find here. Walkers sensation crisps, toffee crisps and Dime bars.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

psaint7 will become famous soon enough

Right then, chocolate is on the list.

As a bloke i'll ignore M&S underwear!

What about clothes in general? Are they generally cheaper or more expensive?
Old Jun 29th 2006, 12:35 pm
Ex BE ***** Addict

arkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond reputearkon has a reputation beyond repute

Right then, chocolate is on the list.

As a bloke i'll ignore M&S underwear!

What about clothes in general? Are they generally cheaper or more expensive?
I'm a bloke and I meant M&S mens socks and pants. Much better fit, material and longer lasting than any Oz stuff I've found so far. Brought 20 pairs of both back with me on the last trip home. Also trousers don't come in as many inner leg lengths as back home so things like 29 are impossible to find, I currently have turnups! Usefull for catching the insects in.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

nicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant futurenicanjoe has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Things to buy in UK before leaving for Oz

Originally Posted by iPom
I don't care what anyone says, Cadbury Dairy milk is NOT the same over here. It has a higher fat content to stop it melting I heard... Anyway, everything else, jam tarts, whatever, you can get here, but UK Cadbury's is much better tasting and I will be bringing a suitcase with me full of it next time I go for a hol to the UK.
Nothing to do with the op's original question, but just wanted to mention I'm in Canada, my mums from Scotland and the cadbury Dairy milk is NOT as good here either!!! So there you have it, it's a world wide issue! Mum brings it back when she goes 'home' to visit and there is a big difference, so much better from the UK. Can I get Haagan Daz rocky road?

Nicanjoe
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:15 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

One of those large shiny steel kitchen waste bins that we threw away for some reason.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:19 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently tampons are a hot item as well
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

hedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to beholdhedgehog is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by arkon
If you like Maltesers bring a ton over with you, they just don't taste anywhere near as good here. As IPom says bring chocolate, the UK stuff tasted much better. M&S socks because they last more than a few weeks. Power distribution blocks 4 or 6 way are essential and like rocking horse sh!t to find here. Walkers sensation crisps, toffee crisps and Dime bars.
I've just eaten a toffee crisp it was nice and cold out of the fridge and it was lovely. I'm not going to eat chocolate in Oz I've decided.
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:27 pm
An Official Visa Holder

toon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond reputetoon williams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Apparently tampons are a hot item as well

Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by thribble
M&S tights. Polos. Bananas, if you could bring them in. Certainly eat lots before you come - I paid $5 for 2 the other day
However, there really isnt' anything over there that you can't get over here.

Except bananas. Did I mention them?

Ok, so what have I missed, what is the deal with bananas being soooo expensive?! Don't they grow them over there? I've seen the Big Banana!
Old Jun 29th 2006, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

it_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to allit_hooker is a name known to all

Originally Posted by sparkley23
Ok, so what have I missed, what is the deal with bananas being soooo expensive?! Don't they grow them over there? I've seen the Big Banana!
They had a bit of a breeze blow up in QLD which sank all the banana boats.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.