Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Things breaking down...........

Things breaking down...........

Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:26 am
ABCDiamond

Default Things breaking down...........

I've seen many threads about Washing Machines etc, breaking down just before you leave the UK etc........ but remember, it doesn't stop there.

We went out today to buy a car, a nice little birthday present from my wife, and we traded in one of our older cars.
2 Hours afer signing the papers, with the changeover day to be Tuesday, the old car decides that 4 years of faithful service should come to an end......... before we get rid of it !!!

It just died, seemed like it had run out of fuel, but it had half a tank left.

RACQ reckon it's the fuel pump. I need to get it fixed by Tuesday to be able to trade it in !!

A few choice words are in my mind, but i won't type them

Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:35 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Things breaking down...........

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I've seen many threads about Washing Machines etc, breaking down just before you leave the UK etc........ but remember, it doesn't stop there.

We went out today to buy a car, a nice little birthday present from my wife, and we traded in one of our older cars.
2 Hours afer signing the papers, with the changeover day to be Tuesday, the old car decides that 4 years of faithful service should come to an end......... before we get rid of it !!!

RACQ reckon it's the fuel pump. I need to get it fixed by Tuesday to be able to trade it in !!

What a generous man you are ABC. It's YOUR birthday and the wife gets a car

Sods law it breaks down before exchange

Is the dealership at the bottom of a hill by any chance?

Roll it down if it is

Old Jul 30th 2005, 10:48 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

EXACTLY the same thing happened to us last year. Did the trade in deal (they had inspected our car) then the day before we were going to trade the car over it died with some water problem thing. So...naughty, naughty........we bunged it up with water bungy up stuff, towed the car to round the corner, filled it up with water then drove it into the car place and out we went with a nice new car!
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:03 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Phoenixuk2oz
What a generous man you are ABC. It's YOUR birthday and the wife gets a car
You read it wrong it was: "a nice little birthday present from my wife"

I got her a box of Chocolates

Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:15 am
Phoenixuk2oz

You read it wrong it was: "a nice little birthday present from my wife"

I got her a box of Chocolates
Bloody hell. You dashed my thoughts about you there ABC. For a minute I thought you were the epitome of the honerable gentleman

Only kiddin. I know you are

So when d'ya get yer three wheeler then

And does it have "go faster" stripes on it

Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

Sharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant futureSharpy67 has a brilliant future

I like the comment "One of our older cars"!!!
my god, how many do you have, ABC?
I dread the thought of all the additional costs a second car is going to cost. We've managed to just about survive with one car in Cleveland for the last 18 months, but Mrs sharpy has put her foot down and said, sod the exchange rate, get some money over and get another car. so, With tail between my legs, i'm dutifully dragging it out (2.4, 2.4, 2.4 please!!!)