Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The thin within week2

The thin within week2

Old Jan 18th 2004, 9:58 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The thin within week2

It's that time again......hows everyone doing?

I've lost 4.5lbs this week so I'm very pleased after no change last week. I've also managed to cut right down on the ciggies ready for the last one before I get on the plane.
All in all I'm feeling very pleased with myself today
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Well done micaela

Well since the palavar I have had this weekend - I have probably put on about 5 lbs! Seem to have swallowed loads of doritos, biscuits and lots of milky bars with pieces of cookie in them. I will never fit into my shorts - if I ever get there :scared:
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:33 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by debsy
Well done micaela

Well since the palavar I have had this weekend - I have probably put on about 5 lbs! Seem to have swallowed loads of doritos, biscuits and lots of milky bars with pieces of cookie in them. I will never fit into my shorts - if I ever get there :scared:

Debsy,
No-one would begrudge you a good comfort eat after the weekend you've had.
Fingers crossed for tuesday, hope little ones better.

Michaela
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:42 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I failed spectacularly!!!!!!
Again!!!!!
What else can I say.....except i am weak.....

sue
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:45 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Don't feel alone guys...i have been a complete failure too... too much stress in my life this week..but hopefully gonna get back on the straight and one day narrow course ....

the problem with all this is its a mind problem..not a food one...if you are addicted to food as a crutch, first sign of stress and away you go!!...just like the alcoholic...
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Re: The thin within week2

Originally posted by mcmercer
It's that time again......hows everyone doing?

I've lost 4.5lbs this week so I'm very pleased after no change last week. I've also managed to cut right down on the ciggies ready for the last one before I get on the plane.
All in all I'm feeling very pleased with myself today

I have not done very well at all. But you have been fab....massibe weight loss and fag reduction......you deserve a medal
Old Jan 18th 2004, 10:59 am
dmf
Forum Regular

dmf will become famous soon enough

Well I have decided to join you all as it really is about time I did something about my weight. We have been here nearly 6 months now and I have put on a stone in that time! Good living hey! But it can't continue as I am running out of clothes that fit me so I have now cut back on the aperitifs and all the rubbish. I only started on Thursday so my first week is not up yet but I have been very good since then.

Good luck and keep going to you all - its worth it when you can get something different on! (Can't wait!)

Dawn
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:13 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

I don't know what all this weight loss thing is all about.

I can assure you ladies, that no self-respecting bloke likes skinny, twig type women; it's like shagging a bag of bones for gawds sake! :scared:

BTW...I'm taller lying down than standing up, but that's besides the point.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:37 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by chippy

I can assure you ladies, that no self-respecting bloke likes skinny, twig type women; it's like shagging a bag of bones for gawds sake! :scared:

Chippy,
We're not doing it to attract men lol!!! That old chestnut about feeling better about yourself, health etc is actually true. I've been big, thin and am now somewhere in the middle, my husband has never reacted any differently to me whatever my size or shape.

PP,
I agree entirely about the reasons for overeating, thats why I'm so pleased about reducing smoking at the same time. Usually I smoke a lot when I'm thin and eat a lot when I cut down on the ciggies. This time I'm determined to break that pattern. My addiction to expats is helping as whilst I'm on here I dont think about food and cant smoke (go outside for that.)
Again its replacing one addiction for another!

Michaela
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:41 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Hmmm...it seems we all suffer from "addictive personalities"

what i want to know, is why hardly anyone gets addicted to healthy things!!?
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:42 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by podgypossum
Hmmm...it seems we all suffer from "addictive personalities"

what i want to know, is why hardly anyone gets addicted to healthy things!!?

lol, true, I often read in magazines etc that lots of people get addicted to the gym, never happened to me though!!!
Old Jan 18th 2004, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

No..me neither...i just look at those people jogging along the roads in the pouring rain and think.... "NUTTER"
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:17 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy

Ahhh chippy, flattery will get you everywhere .

For me its a health thing, medical condition has made me put on a heap of weight & now that its been diagnosed & being treated I can, with a little bit of effort lose the weight that Ive put on. Ive never been a size 10, so no fear that Im ever going to be a bag of bones, but I would be happier not to be the weight I am now.

Dagboy is like you, he doesnt find bags of bones attractive either, hes not put off by the fact that Ive gained weight, he loves me no matter what I weigh

Oh btw, I weighed in the other day, had lost another 2 lbs, so thats 13 all up now since I was diagnosed, Ive been picking over the weekend so Im not going to check again now til next week & I'll be good for the rest of it .
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

Originally posted by podgypossum
No..me neither...i just look at those people jogging along the roads in the pouring rain and think.... "NUTTER"

lol PP, me too, bizzarely I always seem to worry about their knee joints! Thats no doubt a subconcious rationalisation for not doing it!
Give me a good swim or yoga class anyday.
Old Jan 18th 2004, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by mcmercer
lol PP, me too, bizzarely I always seem to worry about their knee joints! Thats no doubt a subconcious rationalisation for not doing it!
Give me a good swim or yoga class anyday.

Too right...i'm off to the pool in the morning to do my hippopotamus impression

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.