Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thin within - holding the fort 'till mcmercer comes back

Thin within - holding the fort 'till mcmercer comes back

Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:56 am
Forum Regular

nell m is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thin within - holding the fort 'till mcmercer comes back

Hi, just thought i'd try to keep this going, I've been I'll again this week, so havent been dieting or exercising - i've stayed the same weight, so after the pond I put on last week I've still got 3 stone to go!

I've just got a job, starting on monday, so I'l have to work out a new routine to fit in some exercise as I'm just going to be sitting down all day.

Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

It's early, so forgive the spelling! I've been ill, not i'll and i put on a pound last week, not a pond!! (I was wondering where that quacking noise was coming from!
Old Feb 14th 2004, 7:09 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Nell,

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I didn't lose any weight last week and it's doubtful that I've lost any this week. Have had a health scare so am eating for Wales at the moment. Going back to hospital on Monday for test results. The quack says he sure it's not the big C but did some more tests anyway, I'm sure that it is supposed to put my mind at rest, lol. To be honest I think I'm more worried about it stopping us getting a visa than thinking of the real consequences of it being something major. I'll let you know how I get on and hope that you feel better soon.

Sarah
Old Feb 14th 2004, 10:25 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by teach
Hi Nell,

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell. I didn't lose any weight last week and it's doubtful that I've lost any this week. Have had a health scare so am eating for Wales at the moment. Going back to hospital on Monday for test results. The quack says he sure it's not the big C but did some more tests anyway, I'm sure that it is supposed to put my mind at rest, lol. To be honest I think I'm more worried about it stopping us getting a visa than thinking of the real consequences of it being something major. I'll let you know how I get on and hope that you feel better soon.

Sarah

Fingers crossed for you, Sarah
Old Feb 14th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hope everything goes well for you on Monday, I've just had the flu - nothing major, will keep my fingers crossed for you
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:39 am
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

I'm ok, breathing a huge sigh of relief. The lump is a malignant tumour - a build up of fatty tissue under the skin. Was v. scared for a while. Apparently we can all get them and it doesn't matter what sort of diet you have or how fat or thin you are. Now this is the funny bit.... the doctor said it's probably been there a while and it's due to the fact I have lost weight that I have noticed it. lol. So much for diets.
Hope you are feeling better nel and that the job is going well. Thanks to those who sent messages of support. Love you all.

Sarah
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:41 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ok, breathing a huge sigh of relief. The lump is a malignant tumour - a build up of fatty tissue under the skin. Love you all.

Sarah
SARAH, PLEASE SAY YOU MEANT TO PUT NON-MALIGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????? ??

sue
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:01 am
Loving it in Bundy

OOPS! Still hung over, had quite a wild weekend. Went to watch the rugby Saturday at the stadium and then to the pub sunday to watch the England game, spent the whole of yesterday in a daze with a massive hangover. Still a squiffy around the edges today. Thank god for half term, lol.

Sarah
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:04 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

OOPS! Still hung over, had quite a wild weekend. Went to watch the rugby Saturday at the stadium and then to the pub sunday to watch the England game, spent the whole of yesterday in a daze with a massive hangover. Still a squiffy around the edges today. Thank god for half term, lol.

Sarah

so you DID mean to put non - malignant?????
God I nearly fell off my chair when I read it!!!!!
Glad you are ok......nothing like a serious health scare to give you a 2400 volt shock!!

sue
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:07 am
Loving it in Bundy

Yes I did mean to put non before malignant. Sorry Sue. You are right about the 2400v shock. I have eaten everything in sight since I found it and had quite a lot to drink too. I can get back to normal, now. My biggest fear was that we wouldn't get to Oz, now I'm sure that's not normal, lol.

Sarah
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

phew, I stopped breathing there for a second when I read the malignant one - glad it's not!

I'm feeling much better thanks, just coughing as if I smoke 40 a day (I'm a non smoker).

Had my second day of training today, the jobs quite a distance away and as I dont drive i have to leave at 7am to catch a bus arrive 8.20, miss the next bus so have to do a 50minute walk! Luckily I dont start til 9.30. Today I didnt get home til 7pm so It was a long day.

Hope this walking will help with the weigh in on saturday!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:49 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Brilliant news there Sarah - really pleased for you - no wonder you have been celebrating a bit!

I know I am not part of the weigh in but I though I would inform you that my weight is increasing like billyo as we have been eating take out all week ( can't be bothered to cook what with packing and so on) so I may well be joining your merry band soon!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

Yay! I've lost another 3lb's this week! no dieting, just all the walking I've been doing with this new job - is no-one else bothering with the weight loss anymore? please keep me going - I feel if I dont lose it now, i'm never going to do it and I'm going to have to throw out my favourite skirt from before the kids!!!
Old Feb 21st 2004, 7:52 pm

Default failing miserably

oh dear....
have been having a crap week, so at the moment I am plowing my way through a packet of choccie biccies!!!!!!!!!!!!!

digestive anyone????

sue
Old Feb 23rd 2004, 2:45 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just found this thread, thanks for holding the fort nell.m, hope you're feeling better.

Sarah, oh my god, hope you're ok x

I havnt had any scales for 3 weeks which is good news I think as I managed to make the most of my last few weeks in uk and was out most nights! Will get back to it now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.