Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

they've Changed all the pension transfer rules UK-Aus!

they've Changed all the pension transfer rules UK-Aus!

Old Sep 5th 2015, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: they've Changed all the pension transfer rules UK-Aus!

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I'm not sure if it's how I'm reading this but the sentence doesn't make sense to me. You've never been able to access your super before 55 if you are PR or a citizen. So what's changed?
You can't access your super early under normal circumstances. However if you're suffering extreme financial hardship or have medical problems you can apply to have your super released early on compassionate grounds.

The reasons have to be proven and severe - about to lose your house, terminal illness etc, that sort of thing.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Spouse and NickyC. I'd never heard of that ruling.
Old Sep 6th 2015, 2:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Thanks Spouse and NickyC. I'd never heard of that ruling.
I find that the ATO, Centrelink and the Dept. Human Services tend to keep things under wrap - you know, unimportant stuff like if you're on the bones of your bum and are going to lose your house, you can actually access your super early rather than throw yourself off a bridge. Governments! Can't live with 'em, can't live withou.....er
Old Sep 8th 2015, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I find that the ATO, Centrelink and the Dept. Human Services tend to keep things under wrap - you know, unimportant stuff like if you're on the bones of your bum and are going to lose your house, you can actually access your super early rather than throw yourself off a bridge. Governments! Can't live with 'em, can't live withou.....er
That's handy to know.