Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

They keep walking over our bloody lawn

Wikiposts

They keep walking over our bloody lawn

Old May 19th 2004, 10:49 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default They keep walking over our bloody lawn

Lol ... we just moved in to our lovely house and I cant get used to the fact that the bit of my lawn nearest the road is the pavement in kiwi terms.
They cycle and walk their dogs across our precious lawn it is very strange. Havent mowed our front lawn yet and am a bit apprehensive as when I mowed the back lawn I seemed to completely kill it as I mowed too low and it looks like dried straw now... am hoping it greens up soon
Old May 19th 2004, 10:58 pm
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future
Default Re: They keep walking over our bloody lawn

Originally posted by sky
Lol ... we just moved in to our lovely house and I cant get used to the fact that the bit of my lawn nearest the road is the pavement in kiwi terms.
They cycle and walk their dogs across our precious lawn it is very strange. Havent mowed our front lawn yet and am a bit apprehensive as when I mowed the back lawn I seemed to completely kill it as I mowed too low and it looks like dried straw now... am hoping it greens up soon
Hiya Sky,

land mines or man traps might work

Failing that some big bushes / trees so you can't see them do it.

Bye
Mark
Old May 19th 2004, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

Check out a previous thread some weeks back about pavements (or lack of them). It seems it's the norm here in Oz to have pavements down one side of the main street only, and in the smaller streets (like our cul-de-sac) there are none at all! You have no choice but to walk across front lawns or in the road. I still can't get used to it (been here nearly 2 years now). Some people actually plants shrubs to stop others walking across their front garden, although in actual fact the first metre belongs to the council and I don't think you're supposed to do that.
Old May 19th 2004, 11:09 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

will just go and garden furiously and make friends with all the intruders then lol