British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   They got the power (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/they-got-power-256560/)

hevs Sep 25th 2004 7:19 am

They got the power

Huge congratulations to Port Adelaide for whoopin' the Lions hairy butts :D It was done with style and i can't believe how old and tired the Brissy team looked :eek:

Hope all Power supporters celebrate in style tonight, you deserve it :beer:

Mr Mover was the turn out big enough for ya? :p

wmoore Sep 25th 2004 7:49 am

Re: They got the power

Originally Posted by hevs
Huge congratulations to Port Adelaide for whoopin' the Lions hairy butts :D It was done with style and i can't believe how old and tired the Brissy team looked :eek:

Hope all Power supporters celebrate in style tonight, you deserve it :beer:

They were the better team on the day and fully deserved the win. The Lions forgot how to do the simple stuff (catch the ball, keep the ball, kick the ball ...) and you're right Hevs, they looked tired well before the end.
Woke up this morning pleasantly surprised to see the game live on Sky Sports. First half was great end to end stuff but then Port took over from the start of the 3rd.

Bordy Sep 25th 2004 7:54 am

7 months till the footy starts again. :(

irishmolly Sep 25th 2004 7:55 am

Originally Posted by wmoore
They were the better team on the day and fully deserved the win. The Lions forgot how to do the simple stuff (catch the ball, keep the ball, kick the ball ...) and you're right Hevs, they looked tired well before the end.
Woke up this morning pleasantly surprised to see the game live on Sky Sports. First half was great end to end stuff but then Port took over from the start of the 3rd.

We saw the game enjoying glasses of cold Tooheys in a local pub, good game but only a build up to the BIG match - Boro v Chelski live on Fox Sports tonight at 9.30pm.

Come on Boro, come on Boro !

wmoore Sep 25th 2004 8:03 am

Originally Posted by irishmolly

I'll second that :D At work but supposed to be finished for 12. I'll be dashing home to watch the boys then. 2-1 Boro.

Badge Sep 25th 2004 8:50 am

Originally Posted by irishmolly
We saw the game enjoying glasses of cold Tooheys in a local pub, good game but only a build up to the BIG match - Boro v Chelski live on Fox Sports tonight at 9.30pm.

whose that - Middlesborough??

wmoore Sep 25th 2004 8:53 am

Originally Posted by Badge
whose that - Middlesborough??

The very same.

hevs Sep 25th 2004 11:12 pm

Soccer!!!! pah, a girls game!

"ooo ooo i've just been tripped over, boo hoo, I'll have to lay on the floor for a couple of minutes, better still, get me a stretcher, whhhhaaaaaa :D

Bix Sep 25th 2004 11:24 pm

Huge congratulations to Port Adelaide for whoopin' the Lions hairy butts

Ooooh.....perhaps I shouldn't have sent the boys those pasties.
Must have rested heavy on them. :(

mr mover Sep 28th 2004 11:23 am

Huge congratulations to Port Adelaide for whoopin' the Lions hairy butts :D It was done with style and i can't believe how old and tired the Brissy team looked

Hope all Power supporters celebrate in style tonight, you deserve it

Having just landed ,after 3 days of celebration, yes it was a magnificent effort, the town is humming, now we have to go back to back :D ............... :beer: mm

wmoore Sep 28th 2004 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover
Having just landed ,after 3 days of celebration, yes it was a magnificent effort, the town is humming, now we have to go back to back :D ............... :beer: mm

Were you there? It looked on the telly as if Port fans outnumbered Lions by about 3 or 4 to 1 - was that right?
Good to see only a handful of empty seats after 'they' said the place would be empty.