Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

They can't steal the Ashes so they .......

Wikiposts

They can't steal the Ashes so they .......

Old Jun 13th 2005, 1:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default They can't steal the Ashes so they .......

Steal the kit and money!

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Cricke...514954799.html

Thieves have disturbed Australia's preparation for tomorrow's Twenty20 cricket clash against England by stealing five of Michael Clarke's bats and team uniforms belonging to fast bowler Michael Kasprowicz.

Australia's bus driver realised yesterday one of big equipment bags the players use to carry all their gear - dubbed 'coffins' - was missing before the team left Leicester after beating county side Leicestershire.

If he plays against England tomorrow at the Rose Bowl, Clarke will use borrowed gear as he is without five bats, a pair of yellow batting pads, seven pairs of gloves, a thigh pad, three pairs of spiked boots, two pairs of runners and even his protector.

Clarke will also have to wear a shirt with a teammate's name on the back, as his playing gear was also stolen.

Kasprowicz was left missing a bag containing seven playing shirts, two pairs of pants, five thermal skins he wears under his strip and some training gear.

The latest incident continued an annoying week for the big quick, who also had some cash stolen from his hotel room in Brighton a few days ago.

Police investigated that theft but were unable to retrieve Kasprowicz's money.

An Australian team spokeswoman said the gear belonging to Clarke and Kasprowicz was last seen as it was being brought down from the change rooms at Leicester's Grace Road ground.

The thefts were an unwanted distraction ahead of the Twenty20 clash, which is the first time this tour Australia plays England.

The match could be action-packed as Australia's Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden and Andrew Symonds will have competition in the hitting stakes in the form of England sloggers Andrew Flintoff and Kevin Pietersen.

Australian captain Ricky Ponting said Australia was keen to avenge its loss to the old enemy in last year's Champions Trophy semi-final at Edgbaston, and although this is an abbreviated game his side would go hard at England.

"Well that's the nature of the game isn't it?," he said.

"You try and get out there and get whatever you can out of every game that you can play.

"So we'll just go out there and hopefully execute our skills really well and if we do that it should be a good game of cricket."

Australia intends on playing a strong side, while England today confirmed fast bowler Steve Harmison had overcome an ankle injury and was available to play.

OzTennis

P.S. don't turn it into a Crime UK vs Oz thread, as the recently departed Graham Kennedy would have said 'it's a joke Joyce'.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 1:50 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: They can't steal the Ashes so they .......

Originally Posted by OzTennis
...and even his protector...
That is one piece of equipment I wouldn't want to share with anyone
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
That is one piece of equipment I wouldn't want to share with anyone
It's probably been offered for sale on eBay (which is apparently where a lot of stolen property ends up and where the police check) - FOR SALE - 5 cricket bats and a, a face mask thingy.

OzTennis
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:21 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Does anyone know if the 20 / 20 game is on radio that I can get on the net over here in Melbourne? Wouldn't mind listening to it while I'm working.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 2:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Last time the Aussies were in England for the Ashes their dressing room in Hove was burgled during a three day game against Sussex. Starting to become a regular thing, though I think it was fairly hushed up last time.
One of our Scene of Crime guys had to go down to the cricket ground and take elimination fingerprints from some of the team - he said "one of them was some guy called Shane who wouldn't let me take his prints properly in case I hurt his fingers. I laughed at him"
Being one of Mr Warne's greatest fans, I enlighted the SOCO as to WHO he had actually been dealing with, and he slunk away very embarrassed, while I hung on to a very valuable set of fingerprints
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:09 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Does anyone know if the 20 / 20 game is on radio that I can get on the net over here in Melbourne? Wouldn't mind listening to it while I'm working.
good ole BBC
Old Jun 13th 2005, 3:16 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by walaj
Thanks for that walaj, karma for you.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Last time the Aussies were in England for the Ashes their dressing room in Hove was burgled during a three day game against Sussex. Starting to become a regular thing, though I think it was fairly hushed up last time.
One of our Scene of Crime guys had to go down to the cricket ground and take elimination fingerprints from some of the team - he said "one of them was some guy called Shane who wouldn't let me take his prints properly in case I hurt his fingers. I laughed at him"
Being one of Mr Warne's greatest fans, I enlighted the SOCO as to WHO he had actually been dealing with, and he slunk away very embarrassed, while I hung on to a very valuable set of fingerprints
Rumour has it that those famous fingerprints are on mobile phones, slimming tablets and pies all around the world.

Fair dues England who thrashed us out of sight in the 20/20 game but re-arrange these words to form a well known phrase - swallow summer one a make doesn't - at least I hope, not but then again a closer series will create a bit of interest!

OzTennis
Old Jun 14th 2005, 1:46 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Rumour has it that those famous fingerprints are on mobile phones, slimming tablets and pies all around the world.

Fair dues England who thrashed us out of sight in the 20/20 game but re-arrange these words to form a well known phrase - swallow summer one a make doesn't - at least I hope, not but then again a closer series will create a bit of interest!

OzTennis
I see bullishness has now turned to hope
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

But are those signed by The Man himself, like the ones on my mantlepiece...I mean, the ones destroyed at the end of the case, of course!

OzTennis
Methinks England will get complacent as usual, relax, and then....... Go on you Aussies!!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:09 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

But are those signed by The Man himself, like the ones on my mantlepiece...I mean, the ones destroyed at the end of the case, of course!

Methinks England will get complacent as usual, relax, and then....... Go on you Aussies!!
Sorry you treacherous wench
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:26 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by fraser
Sorry you treacherous wench
In the end the best team will triumph again - shame I won't be there this time to see the Aussies lift the Ashes once more, I'll just have to cheer loudly from my seat in front of the TV
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:28 am

In the end the best team will triumph again - shame I won't be there this time to see the Aussies lift the Ashes once more, I'll just have to cheer loudly from my seat in front of the TV
But aren't you English
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:30 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fraser
But aren't you English

You see that's the thing I wonder about - should I support Aus or England?

I think for footie I'll still support England, but what if they play Aus?

Confused of Kent
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by bridiej
You see that's the thing I wonder about - should I support Aus or England?

I think for footie I'll still support England, but what if they play Aus?

Confused of Kent

No contest it's easy follow Oz unless they're playing us, then they become the enemy.

HTH

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.