Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

theres a mouse loose in the house!!!!!

theres a mouse loose in the house!!!!!

Old May 5th 2005, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice
Default theres a mouse loose in the house!!!!!

out of the corner of my eye last night i saw a mouse run under the sofa!!!
after a search by me and hubby it ran off into a gap by pipes and radiator!!under the skirting.
have been out today buying "humane" traps and placing them discretly around the lounge, dining room and kitchen. baited with chocolate. wish me luck in capturing the pesky things as house on the market and dont want potential buyers to spot meeces in the house!!!
Old May 5th 2005, 2:06 pm
In my own little world!

Nicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond reputeNicky & Dave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: theres a mouse loose in the house!!!!!

Originally Posted by beebopaloola
out of the corner of my eye last night i saw a mouse run under the sofa!!!
after a search by me and hubby it ran off into a gap by pipes and radiator!!under the skirting.
have been out today buying "humane" traps and placing them discretly around the lounge, dining room and kitchen. baited with chocolate. wish me luck in capturing the pesky things as house on the market and dont want potential buyers to spot meeces in the house!!!
Actually, I think this adds character to a house - think of it as adding a Unique Selling Point for viewers!! We have one who somehow got into our understairs cupboard, nibbles on the dried cat food kept in there and has so far defeated the combined efforts of our four killer cats to catch him for the past month. I've got quite attached to him now!

Nicky
Old May 5th 2005, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

Originally Posted by Nicky & Dave
Actually, I think this adds character to a house - think of it as adding a Unique Selling Point for viewers!! We have one who somehow got into our understairs cupboard, nibbles on the dried cat food kept in there and has so far defeated the combined efforts of our four killer cats to catch him for the past month. I've got quite attached to him now!

Nicky
it took me all morning to find "humane" traps because i couldnt kill the mouse.
i suppose its expected in a house with a cellar!!
my cats are no longer around, however if they were they would probably ignore the mouse and just watch me squeeking at the sight of it!!!
they (cats) used to bring them in now and again but get bored and leave them (mice) to run off into cellar!!!
mice i can cope with its the rats that make my skin creep :scared:
i might call the mouse BRUCE....
Old May 5th 2005, 2:54 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

One of our cats chased a mouse up the trunking covering the radiator pipes in the hall a few months ago where it (alas) expired. I say alas because the the rotting body stank the house out so I had to rip the trunking off taking wallpaper with it.

I pulled the washing machine out on Monday and behind it was the mummified body of another mouse that probably thought it had escaped.

Who knows how many other dead meeces there are in our house. When the cats are on form we can get 5 a week brought in (that we know of)
Old May 5th 2005, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by worzel
One of our cats chased a mouse up the trunking covering the radiator pipes in the hall a few months ago where it (alas) expired. I say alas because the the rotting body stank the house out so I had to rip the trunking off taking wallpaper with it.

I pulled the washing machine out on Monday and behind it was the mummified body of another mouse that probably thought it had escaped.

Who knows how many other dead meeces there are in our house. When the cats are on form we can get 5 a week brought in (that we know of)
we caught one!!! and released it into garden
saw another one though bold as brass in dining room!!!
we have rebaited traps with fresh chocolat to entice them
they have a hiding place behind the skirting somewhere!!!
Old May 5th 2005, 6:44 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

A mouse!!

That's nothing, cat bought in a live mink a few months ago - luckily I caught him halfway up the stairs with it as it screamed!!!!!

I was: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Husband had to come home from work to get it, luckily it ran out the patio doors and was never seen again...
Old May 5th 2005, 6:50 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
A mouse!!

That's nothing, cat bought in a live mink a few months ago - luckily I caught him halfway up the stairs with it as it screamed!!!!!

I was: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Husband had to come home from work to get it, luckily it ran out the patio doors and was never seen again...
If your cat can get some more you could have a nice coat
Old May 5th 2005, 6:57 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Perthforme
If your cat can get some more you could have a nice coat

psml!

It was gross though, big teeth - yikes! :scared:
Old May 5th 2005, 7:06 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bridiej
psml!

It was gross though, big teeth - yikes! :scared:
:scared: Sounds like my mates wife :scared: