Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Theres got to be more to life than this...

Theres got to be more to life than this...

Old Mar 25th 2004, 8:42 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Theres got to be more to life than this...

.... being invited to three parties in one week. Now, on the face of this, i can imagine you all thinking, well GPM was wrong, Hevs is obviously a really nice person, very popular and all that, i wish!!!

OK, first party was "a scent party" where your specially trained party organiser will create a special perfume designed just to reflect your own personal sences, blah blah. May be of some use if i have a sense of smell, which i don't.

Second one, a designer clothes party. The nearest i get to designer is Kangaroo poo, billabong, quicksiver, or if i'm being posh, Next!

And lastly, the one which really, really hacked me off, a cleaning products party Now anyone that has been to chez Garrett knows that we are in full reno mode, and cleaning just isn't on the agenda, oh, erm, thats perhaps why i was asked then

All i am waiting for now is the sodding tupperware party, then i will have to reconsider relocating:scared:
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:00 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Invite all the invitees back for a log chopping contest party!~

with prizes and incentives for the

biggest pile
most distressed hairstyle after sweating etc etc

that should stop them inviting you to anything every again!

PS - you have an open invitee to my see how much booze we can drink parties - no hard sell promise!

Cheers Sandra
Old Mar 25th 2004, 9:05 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Theres got to be more to life than this...

Your slotting into your suburban housewife roll just fine love. Your off for lunch in the city today too.

You go girl

I'll get my coat.....
Old Mar 26th 2004, 3:58 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by HUP
Your slotting into your suburban housewife roll just fine love. Your off for lunch in the city today too.

You go girl

I'll get my coat.....
yes darling, your dinners on, shirts are ironed and the house is spotless!!! NOT!

To top this off, someone gave me an august 2003 copy of womans effing weekly cos, "you're a pom and i thought you'd like it!!!"

MY LIFE IS OVER
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:22 am
Beyond Redemption

Snitzy is an unknown quantity at this point

What with the chainsaw as well I suspect my worse fears.....w**** T**** !
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:26 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by Snitzy
What with the chainsaw as well I suspect my worse fears.....w**** T**** !
I'm having a blond moment and can't work out those asterix's, could you enlighten me please (quickly, before i go right over the edge here )
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:37 am
Beyond Redemption

Originally posted by hevs
I'm having a blond moment and can't work out those asterix's, could you enlighten me please (quickly, before i go right over the edge here )
No....because that will teach you for calling me a muppet two weeks ago !
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:39 am
High in the Dandenongs

No....because that will teach you for calling me a muppet two weeks ago !
MUPPET
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:41 am
Beyond Redemption

MUPPET
W**** T****
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:44 am
High in the Dandenongs

W**** T****
LOL ok i'm still trying here, i just hope that you arn't GPM or HH in disguise, otherwise its something really nasty
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

LOL ok i'm still trying here, i just hope that you arn't GPM or HH in disguise, otherwise its something really nasty
"Womans Troubles" ??
Old Mar 26th 2004, 10:56 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Sorry Hevs, if this is salt into an open wound, but I have just got back from a wine tasting party - it all started off very orderly with comparisons here and there and a bit of a talk but then degenerated into a bit of a booze up!

And apparently they have them every month! Wahey!
Old Mar 26th 2004, 11:02 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

She dosn't like going to these sort of parties. It happened after one of those sex toy parties. All the women were lined up and the first woman said.

"I'll have the black one with the balls"

The next lady said

"I'll have the pink one with the veins"

Hev said

"I'll have the tartan one"

The party organiser turned round and said

"I'm sorry madam thats my thermos"

I really will have to get my coat now :scared: :scared:
Old Mar 26th 2004, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by HUP
She dosn't like going to these sort of parties. It happened after one of those sex toy parties. All the women were lined up and the first woman said.

"I'll have the black one with the balls"

The next lady said

"I'll have the pink one with the veins"

Hev said

"I'll have the tartan one"

The party organiser turned round and said

"I'm sorry madam thats my thermos"

I really will have to get my coat now :scared: :scared:
Lets all be prepared to say goodbye to a much loved and brave man soon to be moving on to Eunuchs R Us
Old Mar 26th 2004, 8:16 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Good job i never saw that before i went to bed

Pollster you lucky thing apparently i missed a cracker with the cleaning party, you had to watch a woman clean her bathroom with special "mit" technology brought over from europe no less. I'd rather be stacking my newly chopped wood.

Sand, nice idea re chopping party. As for the drinks at yours, we will be making use of that "open" invitation soon xx:scared: