Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there such a thing as Charity Shops in Perth?

Is there such a thing as Charity Shops in Perth?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:15 am
Just Joined

gam207 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there such a thing as Charity Shops in Perth?

Hi There,

Just arrived in Perth this week and as only staying for 1 year do not want to shell out on books etc for my 18 month old. Are there charity shops here where I can pick things up, or am I dreaming???

Can't believe how expensive things are here, although that maybe because I convert everything to pounds, sure I will soon get used to the prices.

Thanks a lot
Gena
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there such a thing as Charity Shops in Perth?

Originally Posted by gam207
Hi There,

Just arrived in Perth this week and as only staying for 1 year do not want to shell out on books etc for my 18 month old. Are there charity shops here where I can pick things up, or am I dreaming???

Can't believe how expensive things are here, although that maybe because I convert everything to pounds, sure I will soon get used to the prices.

Thanks a lot
Gena
Op-shops. Mileage will vary.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Loads, Good Sammys, the Salvos and Vinnies are probably the most prevalent, all over Perth and Fremantle
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:57 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

also dont forget to go to the garage sales at the weekends- check your local free paper it usually gives addresses for the locations (and the saturday west australian paper too)
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We were told about a recycling centre on the Balcatta Road. Apparently you can get anything there from blankets to lawn mowers so may be worth a look.

Alison x
Old Sep 27th 2010, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi gam207, apart from the shops the others have mentioned, there are also Red Cross and Save the Children shops. Also, I have a full box of books that haven't made it to the charity shop yet. If you pm me with your details, we could work out how to get them to you.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

Baby and Kids Markets as well.

eg. http://babykidsmarket.com.au/
Old Sep 27th 2010, 1:23 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gam207
Hi There,

Thanks a lot
Gena
Join your local library. The often have events aimed at parents of young children so you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Hire out books and meet new friends.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 2:25 pm
Just Joined

gam207 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Join your local library. The often have events aimed at parents of young children so you could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Hire out books and meet new friends.
Thanks for all the suggesstions.

Gena