Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is there a special telephone number to ring the uk??

is there a special telephone number to ring the uk??

Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:08 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of
Default is there a special telephone number to ring the uk??

someone has told me that I can get a telephone number off expats which allows my rellies to contact us at a discount rate, is this right

we've just moved into a rental (the update will be on here shortly) and it would be much cheaper to stay in contact with people

thanks

bec
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:19 am
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: is there a special telephone number to ring the uk??

Don't know about that? But rellies in the Uk can get cheap phone vouchers from the post office
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by egghead4
someone has told me that I can get a telephone number off expats which allows my rellies to contact us at a discount rate, is this right

we've just moved into a rental (the update will be on here shortly) and it would be much cheaper to stay in contact with people

thanks

bec
There was a system which was noffered through BE for a while. However it was operated by an independent company, and BE no longer actively promotes the service. Someone may still have their details........
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:35 am

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

bec
buy a gotalk voucher from coles or woolies customer service desks
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Hello Bec!!!!! Will keep a look out for your update- hope things are well with you!!

Not sure about the number on here, but we use "Hello Europe" phonecards- they are very reasonable when making calls to the UK (and we use it for Spain too). You can get them from newagents.

Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried REBTEL?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:10 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

If using a phonecard (or regular phone service), avoid calling any 08 numbers, such as 0845, 0870 etc.

These are premium rate numbers when dialling from overseas.

Use http://www.saynoto0870.co.uk to find alternative numbers starting with 01 or 02 which will be charged at standard international rates, and eligible for discount.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Louise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond reputeLouise M has a reputation beyond repute

thanks

bec
You could just download Skype. Calls to the Uk to a landline are 2 cents a minute via the PC. I use it to make calls to Spain, South Africa and local calls in OZ.

Old Nov 6th 2008, 6:57 am
ABCDiamond

If you have broadband Internet, and fancy paying $19.95 per month, you can get free phone calls all over Australia, and Free to the UK and a few other countries.

It saves me about $80 per month in call charges.

Old Nov 6th 2008, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice

Hi,
We use Ozcall vouchers they can be purchased petrol stations, post office, IGA's very handy they start at $10 and last for three months, very cheap talk time.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:21 am
egghead4+becky

egghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud ofegghead4 has much to be proud of

thanks everyone, well theres lots of options there. I think we will start with the phone vouchers first of all, as we've had a bloody nightmare trying to get internet, apparently there isnt the infrastructure
we have bought a thingumy bob for the computer now and have wireless, so thats better but not great.
bec
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:15 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Peanuts phonecard is another good one X
Old Nov 8th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

njk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of lightnjk435 is a glorious beacon of light

I pay $10 a month to Telstra andd get cheap calls to the UK, with $10 of free calls too - not bad really. Check the telstra site for details.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 11:51 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by njk435
I pay $10 a month to Telstra andd get cheap calls to the UK, with $10 of free calls too - not bad really. Check the telstra site for details.
You had me wondering then what Telstra had.

It's an extra $10 on top of the normal charge, and they then charge:
Call Connection Fee 39c and UK $0.02 per minute.

http://www.telstra.com.au/homephone/...nat_calls.html

It isn't too bad actually. But i'll stick with mine

Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

noggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to allnoggin is a name known to all

Re: is there a special telephone number to ring the uk??.................Yes..its called a code

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.