Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There is something I've missed. I know its sad but it's online shopping

There is something I've missed. I know its sad but it's online shopping

Old Apr 16th 2009, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold
Default There is something I've missed. I know its sad but it's online shopping

Just wanted to let you guys know that Coles is now doing online shopping in and around Perth.

I hope it is as good as what my Tesco shop was in the UK. I am expecting a baby very soon and loved being able to do the shopping in peace and quiet at night time with my first two.

Free delivery for a little while as well.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is something I've missed. I know its sad but it's online shopping

Originally Posted by PoppetUK
Just wanted to let you guys know that Coles is now doing online shopping in and around Perth.

I hope it is as good as what my Tesco shop was in the UK. I am expecting a baby very soon and loved being able to do the shopping in peace and quiet at night time with my first two.

Thanks for that I have just registered will save me a lot of time
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: There is something I've missed. I know its sad but it's online shopping

Originally Posted by PoppetUK

What is the online shopping experience like in Australia? Can I easily do what I did last Christmas: Complete the entire shop for presents online?
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:36 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paulry
What is the online shopping experience like in Australia? Can I easily do what I did last Christmas: Complete the entire shop for presents online?
Online shopping in Australia hasn't been invented yet.

I buy most of my stuff (non food) from the US.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:43 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Coles online available in Brizzy too
We've been using it for the last few weeks and it has been excellent.

We used to do the Tesco online back in England and really did miss the convenience of it but not anymore!!!!!!!!

You even get freebies like you used to do with Tesco.

Give it a go. We love escaping the weekly drudge of dragging round the supermarket after work, not getting home till gone 8 then having to start dinner. It's just 15 minutes in front of the computer and delivered to the door. We pay $9 delivery but save more than that by not impulse buying. In fact our grocery bill has dropped by about 25% by not walking the aisles and being tempted by stuff we really don't need

Loz x
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:46 am
loz
this is home!!

loz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond reputeloz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Online shopping in Australia hasn't been invented yet.

I buy most of my stuff (non food) from the US.
You must be looking in the wrong places. You can buy loads of stuff online now not just food (oh and wine).
Old Apr 17th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
You must be looking in the wrong places. You can buy loads of stuff online now not just food (oh and wine).
Yeah, but it's not great like in the UK/Europe/US. Takes a lot more work to find what you want and then the website design often leads a lot to be desired.

I'm stunned about Perth though, it's even more backwards than I would have dreamed. They've had online food shopping in Melbourne, and even NZ, for years.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:06 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by loz
You are joking aren't you?!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:14 am
loz
this is home!!

Not joking mate we've bought loads of stuff from adults and kids clothes, kitchen equipment, stuff for xmas presents to send back to England, wine, garden services and of course our weekly shop. Round here you can also buy and have delivered fruit and veg, meat and on occasions flowers and choccies!!!!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:22 am
Account Closed

pingpong is an unknown quantity at this point

true mate, the aussies wouldn't know e-commerce if it smashed them in the face. online shopping in Aus is total shyte compared to the UK.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Not joking mate we've bought loads of stuff from adults and kids clothes, kitchen equipment, stuff for xmas presents to send back to England, wine, garden services and of course our weekly shop. Round here you can also buy and have delivered fruit and veg, meat and on occasions flowers and choccies!!!!

Just out of interest, what websites are these?

Here in Tas, they don't know what online shopping is, so would be keen to know if I can order online to save the ordeal of shopping in 60's style shopping arcades with clothing and goods to match!

Sam
Old Apr 17th 2009, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sammy T
Just out of interest, what websites are these?

Here in Tas, they don't know what online shopping is, so would be keen to know if I can order online to save the ordeal of shopping in 60's style shopping arcades with clothing and goods to match!

Sam
I was sitting with my Australian friend the other day and I had to explain online shopping to her!!!! We are in wait a while!

I think the other thing about online shopping is that in the UK we often go to websites that we feel have a strong brand, good returns policy and the trust issue is taken out of that. Here in WA branding really isn't as strong as UK, Europe and US.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 8:29 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by loz
Loz, Can you share the links please.
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

I have managed to get the odd gift (expensive though!) delivered to friends/family in Oz from Aussie online retailers, but in general it's very difficult to find anything decent and even when you do I've had no end of problems with stuff not being in stock, slow delivery, etc.

Online shopping is simply awesome in the UK by comparison!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 11:54 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

There are loads of websites selling mostly cheap crap that would otherwise end up in Crazys or the Warehouse (i.e. Catchoftheday, Daily Deals, Deals Direct, Crazy Sales, Shopping Square). Whereas, the online arm of most major retailers seems to involve leafing through a virtual PDF of their junk mail catalogue which you probably already have anyway, then going to the store to buy it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.