Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IS there some tips and tricks which I should know before I go for renting an studio?

IS there some tips and tricks which I should know before I go for renting an studio?

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice
Default IS there some tips and tricks which I should know before I go for renting an studio?

Hi
It is my first time that I come to Australia and it is the first time that I want to rent an studio in either the northern suburbs or eastern suburbs.

I do not know what are risks associated with living in an studio, I do not know what should I check with the agency before I go to inspect the place, I do not know what I should pay attention to when I am inspecting the place. If you have some tips and advices please let me know.

Also I do not know how I can ensure that the agency will rent the place to me in case that I find the studio suitable for me. should I suggest a higher rent value? should I suggest pre-paying a few weeks?

Thank you.
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

spadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nicespadgersdad is just really nice
Default Re: IS there some tips and tricks which I should know before I go for renting an stud

Hi,
We rent out a studio for long/short term accommodation and my advice to you is to check there is everything you need for long term stay ie washing facilities cooking,entertaining area etc. If on a block with other apartments/studios check for noise from other residents, also local transport, amenities in the area etc.
Most realestate agencies will ask for a bond plus a months rent in advance hope this helps, good luck with your search
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

legolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nicelegolasWood is just really nice
Default Re: IS there some tips and tricks which I should know before I go for renting an stud

Originally Posted by spadgersdad
Hi,
We rent out a studio for long/short term accommodation and my advice to you is to check there is everything you need for long term stay ie washing facilities cooking,entertaining area etc. If on a block with other apartments/studios check for noise from other residents, also local transport, amenities in the area etc.
Most realestate agencies will ask for a bond plus a months rent in advance hope this helps, good luck with your search
Do they allow a couple to live in an studio or studios are just available for one single person?

Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2009, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by legolasWood
Do they allow a couple to live in an studio or studios are just available for one single person?

Thanks
There are both studios with double beds, suitable for a couple and smaller studios with single beds. Most studios these days will accommodate a double bed - it should stay in the advert.

My sis and her husband have a studio in sydney and love it. Not much in the way of cooking facilities but they eat out most of the time anyway!.

Frizz