Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are there really lots of bricklaying jobs in Perth?????????

Are there really lots of bricklaying jobs in Perth?????????

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice
Default Are there really lots of bricklaying jobs in Perth?????????

My hubby has just been laid off again, for the 3rd time this year Bricklayin jobs round here are just few and far between and theyre not lasting 5 mins cos of this damn credit crunch, recession...whatever the **** it is.

Im so mad, angry and fed up at the min, poor hubby is so down its unbelieveable

Im now really worried that we're gonna get to Perth and find things the same....can anyone put my mind at ease?? Is the building trade better over there than it is here at the min?

C'mon someone, please help me pick myself up...Im not sure I can take much more...this coupled with the stress of going through the visa app is just waaaay too much at the min

Sorry for being a moaner...Im just hoping theres light at the end of the tunnel xxx
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are there really lots of bricklaying jobs in Perth?????????

Originally Posted by Paula_lou
My hubby has just been laid off again, for the 3rd time this year Bricklayin jobs round here are just few and far between and theyre not lasting 5 mins cos of this damn credit crunch, recession...whatever the **** it is.

Im so mad, angry and fed up at the min, poor hubby is so down its unbelieveable

Im now really worried that we're gonna get to Perth and find things the same....can anyone put my mind at ease?? Is the building trade better over there than it is here at the min?

C'mon someone, please help me pick myself up...Im not sure I can take much more...this coupled with the stress of going through the visa app is just waaaay too much at the min

Sorry for being a moaner...Im just hoping theres light at the end of the tunnel xxx

I think you need honest answers to this. I am not in perth but am in construction. There have been several threads reporting economic downturn in work and wages in perth construction, particuarly the bricklaying side, and of course thats to be expected, the economic situation is world wide not just UK.

I am sure plenty will be along from perth to give you a more up to date/on the spot accounts. However there are so many threads you could access right now with a search.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

Paula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nicePaula_lou is just really nice

Thankyou very much I appreciate your honesty

Ill have a search now

Paula x
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:22 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Ill have a search now

Paula x
try contacting astonman
http://britishexpats.com/forum/member.php?u=53484
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Ill have a search now

Paula x
Just did a quick search and realised how many threads my bright idea will bring up

Sliver trowel perth 2008 has the posts I remembered reading, a poster called King Kong, perth bricklayer I believe gave some very up to date info posts around the post number 60 - 80 range.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by steve`o
Have pm'd him Thankyou xx
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Just did a quick search and realised how many threads my bright idea will bring up

Sliver trowel perth 2008 has the posts I remembered reading, a poster called King Kong, perth bricklayer I believe gave some very up to date info posts around the post number 60 - 80 range.
I did find a few

Some of them dont make good reading tho and Ive gotta say, for the first time since we decided to make this move Im actually wondering if its a good idea
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

I did find a few

Some of them dont make good reading tho and Ive gotta say, for the first time since we decided to make this move Im actually wondering if its a good idea
i am also a bricky like your husband heading for oz, but it dosent bother me. A good tradesman will get work doing anything manual, with respect, just bacause there might not be many jobs on the trowel dosent mean he cant use a shovel or a hammer if you know what i mean. dont worry about it, i dont. also i live in skegness, we,ve got tonnes of work on even on the side. tell him to get down here!
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bu1lder
i am also a bricky like your husband heading for oz, but it dosent bother me. A good tradesman will get work doing anything manual, with respect, just bacause there might not be many jobs on the trowel dosent mean he cant use a shovel or a hammer if you know what i mean. dont worry about it, i dont. also i live in skegness, we,ve got tonnes of work on even on the side. tell him to get down here!

Thanks for that. Hes certainly not scared of hard work...hes a good grafter!

We're a good 3 1/2 hours from skeggy but hell...if theres work there and the moneys good Ill be sending him down to live in a caravan for a bit
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did find a few

Were currently looking at a job offer in North America ( OZ is fine just bored witless with it) and you sound like you are in a similar position to us - you need to know the nitty gritty not the glitter sprinkled stuff.

Its bloody hard to find out though as people tend to give you nice answers instead of directing you to the crap bits I really think if we know the crappy sides too we can see how much we really want it, and if what we are chucking in is worth risking, and use that info to work out if there are ways around problems before you go.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Were currently looking at a job offer in North America ( OZ is fine just bored witless with it) and you sound like you are in a similar position to us - you need to know the nitty gritty not the glitter sprinkled stuff.

Its bloody hard to find out though as people tend to give you nice answers instead of directing you to the crap bits I really think if we know the crappy sides too we can see how much we really want it, and if what we are chucking in is worth risking, and use that info to work out if there are ways around problems before you go.

Yep thats it, I dont wanna go into this with rose tinted specs. Moving to Oz is something I have wanted to do since I was about 18. Hubby and I decided 4 years ago that we were def gonna do it but have only applied for our visas now.

Weve spent time out there and loved it, the kids did too...but the last thing I want is to get out there and find we're struggling for work and cant afford to live.

That said, hubby is a grafter..hes not afraid of putting the hours in and working damn hard..hopefully that will help him
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

bu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of lightbu1lder is a glorious beacon of light

my pals are on about going down to the smoke, heard the moneys amazing on the olympics, look on the web they need thousands of brickys, literally.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ill tell him about it when he comes in from rugby
He hates the idea of moving away from home but if things get too desperate hes gonna have to
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 8:58 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

I really think if we know the crappy sides too we can see how much we really want it, and if what we are chucking in is worth risking, and use that info to work out if there are ways around problems before you go.
Absolutely

Everywhere has problems but its over to individuals to weigh up whether those problems are unsurmountable.
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

correct, as i say only the strong survive (or in my case) provide for my family.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.