Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a North Brisbane Scottish "meet up"?

Is there a North Brisbane Scottish "meet up"?

Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:18 am
Account Closed

MaggieM is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Is there a North Brisbane Scottish "meet up"?

Hi, Maggie here,

I'm becoming addicted to this site, but can't seem to find anyone Scottish north of Brisbane.

I live at North Lakes which is just inland from the Redcliffe Peninsula.

Are there any Scottish people up here?

Regards, Maggie
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:09 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a North Brisbane Scottish "meet up"?

Originally Posted by MaggieM
Hi, Maggie here,

I'm becoming addicted to this site, but can't seem to find anyone Scottish north of Brisbane.

I live at North Lakes which is just inland from the Redcliffe Peninsula.

Are there any Scottish people up here?

Regards, Maggie
I'm Scottish but based in the Bayside, South Brisbane....Missing some Scottish Twang myself..

Cheers

Ginny
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:16 pm
Account Closed

Ginny!

Are you going to Riverfire tomorrow? We are going with some friends. Based at Kangaroo Point. Taking picnic and drinks. Let me knowif you are interested in meeting up. Take Care, Maggie

Last edited by Sue; Aug 31st 2007 at 11:12 pm. Reason: Telephone number.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi Maggie, we are in Banyo, not been in Brisbane that long and would love to meet new folk. Can't do anything tomorrow but would be interested in a meet up later on. Cheers

Donna
Old Aug 31st 2007, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

superchick is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a meet up on 9th September at Sandagte/brighton at 25th Avenue (next to Deagon bridge) 1030 bring BBQ/picnic. I don't know how many people are scottish but you are very welcome.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 12:53 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Ginny!

Are you going to Riverfire tomorrow? We are going with some friends. Based at Kangaroo Point. Taking picnic and drinks. Let me knowif you are interested in meeting up. Take Care, Maggie
Hi Maggie,

Just logged on. Had a few folk around tonight for a barbie so didn't make it down to the river....Hope it was a good one.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:18 am
Account Closed

Ginny!

We had a brilliant time, best view of the fireworks in thre years.

Hope fully we will catch up soon!

It would be nice to have a bit of banter with someone who understands me without me speaking slowly, (I lose the thread of conversation if I have to talk too slowly!!)

Havew a good one!

Maggie
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Maverick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by superchick
there is a meet up on 9th September at Sandagte/brighton at 25th Avenue (next to Deagon bridge) 1030 bring BBQ/picnic. I don't know how many people are scottish but you are very welcome.
only been here 10 days so its great to see a local meet up,see you all on the 9th,
Martin,Tina and Rebecca
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 1:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi we would love to come on the 9th however we are both night shift, so will miss this one but will watch out for the next one. Have a great time to all that make it.

Donna & Neil
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:00 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Ginny!

We had a brilliant time, best view of the fireworks in thre years.

Hope fully we will catch up soon!

It would be nice to have a bit of banter with someone who understands me without me speaking slowly, (I lose the thread of conversation if I have to talk too slowly!!)

Havew a good one!

Maggie
Glad you had a good time. Watched it on the telly with folk who were at the barbie. Know what you mean about talking slowly!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:01 pm
LIVING THE DREAM!!!!!!!!!

Cameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond reputeCameron Clan has a reputation beyond repute

Havew a good one!

Maggie[/QUOTE]

he he - i understand you Maggie or should I say ISA????!!!
I wish you would speak slowly!! - you know what a short attention span i have!! See you thursday, love from your "talk the hind legs off a donkey" scottish stalker xxxxxxxxxx