Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a medical in the PR to citizenship application?

Is there a medical in the PR to citizenship application?

Old Nov 22nd 2022, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is there a medical in the PR to citizenship application?

Hi All

I am currently a permanent resident (subclass 100) working towards becoming a citizen and wanted to know from those that had been through the application process whether they had to complete a medical/ assessment of their medical history.

I had to complete one as part of my application for permanent residency, but I don't see it as part of the citizenship application. Am I correct on this?

I had no issues with the medical previously but I am wary of going to see a GP here incase somehow something would make me ineligible for citizenship as I remember there being some kind of assessment of my potential burden on the country in the PR application.

Cheers
Scoosh
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 2:42 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there a medical in the PR to citizenship application?

No just the citizenship test is the only test you have to undertake.
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

Scoosh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks NJJ!
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 10:10 am
Just Joined

BleughBleugh is an unknown quantity at this point

Never used to be. from memory it's just 20 questions on a computer for the citizenship test, took about 6 minutes back a decade ago when i did mine
Old Nov 23rd 2022, 11:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BleughBleugh
Never used to be. from memory it's just 20 questions on a computer for the citizenship test, took about 6 minutes back a decade ago when i did mine
Never used to be, and there isn't now