Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there many Irish in Perth

Is there many Irish in Perth

Old Jan 23rd 2009, 2:55 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of
Default Re: Is there many Irish in Perth

Old May 4th 2009, 3:30 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by aus2be_OH
Just for you....click here.
I really enjoyed reading that .Ur such a nice person .KARMA BITES BACK
Old May 4th 2009, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

Uuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the roughUuuh Patsy is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by The Dark Knight
Hi everyone i'm hoping to go to Perth, is there a good irish community there.
I live in Tallaght and would like to hear from some Paddys in Oz...
Hi There, I am from Tallaght and moved to Perth lasy July. Let me know if I can be of any assistance... It helps to have a contact here before you get here... And you are definitely making the right decision. Don't pay any heed to the "don't come there are no jobs etc posts" They are all people who arn't trying to leave the worst performing economy in the developed world. Its beautiful here. Cannot say one bad thing about it.
Old May 5th 2009, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

Chef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to beholdChef69 is a splendid one to behold

Hi There, I have not been on here for a while. We moved to Perth from Bettystown(originally Dubs) three years ago with 3 kids ranging in age from 17 ,11,5. We became Australian Citizens in february. I have been back to Dublin twice. Once for my Dad's funeral and the second time all five of us went back for a Holiday. The things I found when I went back where, everybody seemed grey, hasseled,abrupt and the city just looked dirty.
Dont get me wrong. I'm Irish,proud of it and always will be. But it just made me realise what a beautiful, colourful and spacious place Perth is.It is like living in Dublin 15 years ago. Not as much traffic, practicly no queus, and everybody is so helpful. Yes you still bump into the grumpy old farts but they are few and far between.
All three of my children have thanked us for dragging them here and informed us that they never want to return to Ireland not even for a holiday.

My attitude is. You only get one life so give it a go, enjoy it and never have any what if's.

The very best of luck to you all over in Ireland wishing to make that leap of faith.

Slan agus bhi go maith.
Old May 5th 2009, 10:27 am
Oh, George.....

Irish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to allIrish Gal is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chef69
Hi There, I have not been on here for a while. We moved to Perth from Bettystown(originally Dubs) three years ago with 3 kids ranging in age from 17 ,11,5. We became Australian Citizens in february. I have been back to Dublin twice. Once for my Dad's funeral and the second time all five of us went back for a Holiday. The things I found when I went back where, everybody seemed grey, hasseled,abrupt and the city just looked dirty.
Dont get me wrong. I'm Irish,proud of it and always will be. But it just made me realise what a beautiful, colourful and spacious place Perth is.It is like living in Dublin 15 years ago. Not as much traffic, practicly no queus, and everybody is so helpful. Yes you still bump into the grumpy old farts but they are few and far between.
All three of my children have thanked us for dragging them here and informed us that they never want to return to Ireland not even for a holiday.

My attitude is. You only get one life so give it a go, enjoy it and never have any what if's.

The very best of luck to you all over in Ireland wishing to make that leap of faith.

Slan agus bhi go maith.
Well said