Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There for the Grace of GOD go I !

There for the Grace of GOD go I !

Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:28 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Talking There for the Grace of GOD go I !

Having read most posts on this forum, and also witnessing my wifes posts and enthrallings on this site, i have for a while migrated here to place some posts.

....I can handle missing my family

I have said this so many times, <only son and always a tight unit, Ive over the last couple of years introduced the idea of our move to Oz.

Me and Mrs Timber have on so many occasions, point blank, said ~ look the family , will come and visit , they keep sayin "..oooh yes we will havta cum out one day , will be niceee " and we have listened, smiled and concurred.....

then , we sit down afterwards and say, hell, we have email, webcams, phones, mobiles, post, crikey we even dave digital video... its not as if we are moving to the otherside of the world is it !!

Collectively, we came to the conclusion, hell they seem to accept the fact we are going, we can all handle this " we are only a plane ride , 23 hours away , syndrome"

So, without further ado, no more has been really said. Accept the , sh** i cant wait to get out of this bloody country, soon they will be taxing us on Exhaling !

Was last Friday evening, 9th Jan 2004 time:18:00 me and Mrs Timber, sitting at the computer, as you do, reading forum posts, thinking Oooooh i can help this person out... <<ring ring >>

Its my Mum,
Steve,
arya busy luv,
Nope i replied just doodlin ,
Canya run ya dad to docs n straight to Hozzy son, hes just had a fonecall.......
Yep... > gone
Its funny, until that phonecall, you just never ever know exactly, the feelings the emotions the adrenalin the worries the uncertanties, your mind begins to conjur up situations, your thoughts battle with , what if.. ok ill say this, and they will say that , and everything will be ok...
Screeches upto my parents house,>>>docs >>> hospital >>>nurse >>> blood tests >>> tears >>>consultant...
You have what appears a lethally high Potassium Level Sir,.......................... Darkness and silence and slow motion glances.. noise in the background is filtered through the utter , stillness

My mums , automatic and controlled retort , OMFG IS HE GONNA DIE !!!!! , my Dad, quite scarily.. and hauntingly, remains quiet.. his eyes focused but cold, he doesnt, speak..

For that moment , I witnessed utter panic and I was for once quiet... and not in control of the situation..

OZ IS OFF ~ No its 23 hours away silly, NO its off >> damn ... i couldnt rationalise this situation , this wasnt in my plan , this wasnt part of IMMI.cm.au application criteria, fgs "where did this come from " its so UNFAIR ! omg:scared: < you heartless IDIOT !

I glanced back at my dad, and all of a sudden the noises , voices and atmosphere returned,

Some minutes later, bloods were taken, Blood pressure, and my dad was asked to get changed and await 3 hrs whilst they ascertained the diagnosis of this blood test, we sat quietly in the busy A & E dept... occasional phone calls to Mrs Timber, and the odd smoko break outside.. were interspersed by Trauma emergencies, a tramp with a dog bite and 4 teenagers with more booze and blood than a wild west after party...

11.00pm GOOD NEWS ....Mr R, just had your Bloods back you are fine, the doctor must have left your sample in his surgery for too long before analysing and the blood has degraded, causing Potassium atoms to be released from the blood cells....

There for the Grace of God go I !!!!
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: There for the Grace of GOD go I !

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

Having read most posts on this forum, and also witnessing my wifes posts and enthrallings on this site, i have for a while migrated here to place some posts.

I have said this so many times, <only son and always a tight unit, Ive over the last couple of years introduced the idea of our move to Oz.

Me and Mrs Timber have on so many occasions, point blank, said ~ look the family , will come and visit , they keep sayin "..oooh yes we will havta cum out one day , will be niceee " and we have listened, smiled and concurred.....

then , we sit down afterwards and say, hell, we have email, webcams, phones, mobiles, post, crikey we even dave digital video... its not as if we are moving to the otherside of the world is it !!

Collectively, we came to the conclusion, hell they seem to accept the fact we are going, we can all handle this " we are only a plane ride , 23 hours away , syndrome"

So, without further ado, no more has been really said. Accept the , sh** i cant wait to get out of this bloody country, soon they will be taxing us on Exhaling !

Was last Friday evening, 9th Jan 2004 time:18:00 me and Mrs Timber, sitting at the computer, as you do, reading forum posts, thinking Oooooh i can help this person out... <<ring ring >>

Its my Mum,
Steve,
arya busy luv,
Canya run ya dad to docs n straight to Hozzy son, hes just had a fonecall.......
Yep... > gone
Its funny, until that phonecall, you just never ever know exactly, the feelings the emotions the adrenalin the worries the uncertanties, your mind begins to conjur up situations, your thoughts battle with , what if.. ok ill say this, and they will say that , and everything will be ok...
Screeches upto my parents house,>>>docs >>> hospital >>>nurse >>> blood tests >>> tears >>>consultant...
You have what appears a lethally high Potassium Level Sir,.......................... Darkness and silence and slow motion glances.. noise in the background is filtered through the utter , stillness

My mums , automatic and controlled retort , OMFG IS HE GONNA DIE !!!!! , my Dad, quite scarily.. and hauntingly, remains quiet.. his eyes focused but cold, he doesnt, speak..

For that moment , I witnessed utter panic and I was for once quiet... and not in control of the situation..

OZ IS OFF ~ No its 23 hours away silly, NO its off >> damn ... i couldnt rationalise this situation , this wasnt in my plan , this wasnt part of IMMI.cm.au application criteria, fgs "where did this come from " its so UNFAIR ! omg:scared: < you heartless IDIOT !

I glanced back at my dad, and all of a sudden the noises , voices and atmosphere returned,

Some minutes later, bloods were taken, Blood pressure, and my dad was asked to get changed and await 3 hrs whilst they ascertained the diagnosis of this blood test, we sat quietly in the busy A & E dept... occasional phone calls to Mrs Timber, and the odd smoko break outside.. were interspersed by Trauma emergencies, a tramp with a dog bite and 4 teenagers with more booze and blood than a wild west after party...

11.00pm GOOD NEWS ....Mr R, just had your Bloods back you are fine, the doctor must have left your sample in his surgery for too long before analysing and the blood has degraded, causing Potassium atoms to be released from the blood cells....

Says it all..how we over react........think the worse.............I presume it is back on now?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: There for the Grace of GOD go I !

Originally posted by S Oldfield
Says it all..how we over react........think the worse.............I presume it is back on now?

Yep Sandra,

Wasnt not on lol... but you know how you think, nothing will budge me from my intentions , i have it all worked out....

Makes ya think... but , nothing will stop us realising our dream, even if i have to get the missus to construct a sailing vessel from timber pallets and we row our way over
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:49 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Sandra,

Wasnt not on lol... but you know how you think, nothing will budge me from my intentions , i have it all worked out....

Makes ya think... but , nothing will stop us realising our dream, even if i have to get the missus to construct a sailing vessel from timber pallets and we row our way over
There,s an old Aboriginal saying , which if ,you can put into english, means "i am here for a good time , not a long time" i always fall back on this, in times of strife. i hope it helps ?.....mm
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:54 am
Banned

Lightbulb Re: There for the Grace of GOD go I !

Originally posted by mr mover
There,s an old Aboriginal saying , which if ,you can put into english, means "i am here for a good time , not a long time" i always fall back on this, in times of strife. i hope it helps ?.....mm
:lecture:

..Very apt Mr M ... thanks

reminds me of an aussie mate of mine , he recalls an aboriginal saying,

..if it moves eat it, if it doesnt run ... !
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:26 pm
Banned

ty so much for pm's just goes to show decency prevails, and humanity conquers

Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

Lee-Louise is an unknown quantity at this point

Its my Mum,
Steve,
arya busy luv,
Yep... > gone

Hi TFA,

My dad was diagnosed with lung cancer 20th December 2002. The date and day will stay with me forever. I was with him when he was told. We had an idea of course, but nothing in the world could have prepared me for that day.

I felt as if I'd been told I'd got Cancer and the silence in the room was unbearable. Then the worst came... I'm so sorry but it's inoperable....... said the consultant.

Well that was a year ago now and dad is clinging on he's been through chemo, I was with him all the way, and so was my mum. But then reality hits again when they say thats it there is no more. We've been to hell and back and we're now just finding peace.

During this whole traumatic experience there has been Oz, dad had always been great about it but what would he feel now. My gut reaction was I can't go.

Well all he's done is go on and on, have you heard?, have you heard? Through it all he's wanted us to stay completely focused and continue with our plans and frequently says you will go won't you, I won't stop you will I....and he means it.

I've learnt to embrace the time I have with him & let him enjoy our plans, he wants us to grow and live life to the full. I've learnt that life will go on and I need to carry on with my dreams and my families. My mum is a brick too, so supportive to what we will do.

I think having time to come to terms with illness and death allows you to explore your relationships on such a deep level and thats why I am at peace with what I'm doing. That's the strangest thing, in the end you do continue down the path you've chosen.

I'm so pleased you have your dad, it must have been hell for you
all. What you have to do now is look forward to Oz again and to all those family visits!

Goodnight
Old Jan 13th 2004, 10:56 pm
Banned

Night Lee,

to be honest i wont contemplate an answer until the reality of your post hits home, quite shocked and feel quite inadequate to reply at mo... god bless speak soon steve n debs xx