Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

There goes the job!

There goes the job!

Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:09 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default There goes the job!

Last day at work today. The Mrs finishes work on Sunday. Handed in notice on rented accomodation yesterday, so come Monday we're unemployed homeless bums.

Now it's starting to gets scary...

Anyway, have a great New Year everyone.

Paul.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:22 am
Dismembered Bat

ProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to allProofReader is a name known to all
Default Re: There goes the job!

Originally Posted by diddy
Last day at work today. The Mrs finishes work on Sunday. Handed in notice on rented accomodation yesterday, so come Monday we're unemployed homeless bums.

Paul.
Happy New Year to you too, diddy. Oh, and welcome to the ranks of the unemployed!
Anna

Peanuts100 is on a distinguished road

Paul.
Oh my God!! How does it feel? I have 4 weeks left at work and counting!
When and where are you going?
IainClarke

Scary!

We are moving out to Perth in Feb, so are starting to sell everything off!

The family came over at Xmas, I think to eye up the items which weren't going
But as you say, the wheels are rolling and you can't get off.

But I just think of three months time, when you are settled into your new life down under with a big grin on your face!

Old Dec 31st 2004, 8:26 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers all.

We change our minds every hour or so as to where we're going. At the moment Newcastle, Brisbane (South of the River) and the northern area's of the Gold Coast look most likely. Alot of it depends on work and facilities for the Mrs and the Kids.

Paul.
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:17 am
I AM 1 PERSON-UNDERSTAND?

SherKhan66 will become famous soon enough

Paul.
We felt the same way, but you're leaving behind many people who talk about emigrating and don't have the balls to go and try even thinking about it, let alone follow through.

We're homeless bums too - rich ones though!
Good luck to you!
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:31 am
Happy Daddy

markeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant futuremarkeh has a brilliant future

Paul.
Diddy,
I've only got about 4 years before I give up my job, even then I think I will ask for 3 years off. I still find it scary :scared:

Bye
Mark
Old Dec 31st 2004, 11:40 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul.
I found that stage scary too - I was working on a great ward, with some tremendous friends, and I really missed them, but needed to have time to sort myself out and rest a bit - was working very long hours. I've been back to see folks and have a coffee and chat, but have ended up working each time!
One more time next week - then - fly the Monday after - now that is :scared: and !!!

Good luck for the coming year and after.

Cas x
Old Dec 31st 2004, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

melbournebound is an unknown quantity at this point

Caroline,
I think you will definately enjoy life in Melbourne, we arrived in april on a temp 457 visa ( pr due to be finalised in next 4 weeks Yippee), my wife is a psychiatric nurse and has now being promoted 3 times since she started work and is now the unit manager. You will find alot of things different over here. We were talking last night (31/12/04) when I came home from a 5 hour chef shift and we both agreed we would not change a thing as the opportunities for anyone wishing to give it a go over here are endless.
What part of Melbourne are you going to? We are over in Narre Warren in the South Eastern suburbs.

Best of luck for the move, drop us a line if we can be of any assistance.

Melbournebound

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I found that stage scary too - I was working on a great ward, with some tremendous friends, and I really missed them, but needed to have time to sort myself out and rest a bit - was working very long hours. I've been back to see folks and have a coffee and chat, but have ended up working each time!
One more time next week - then - fly the Monday after - now that is :scared: and !!!

Good luck for the coming year and after.

Cas x
Old Jan 1st 2005, 12:29 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Paul.

Yep, get's even scarier mate! :scared:

The weirdest feeling was having no keys! House sold, cars sold, furniture gone over on the boat...nothing left to call our own! All very odd.

Good luck!
Old Jan 1st 2005, 2:02 pm
In Brisbane at last!!!

shecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the roughshecha is a jewel in the rough

Paul.
Hi Paul,
I can't wait to be a homeless bum on my way to Oz!!!
Congratulations on finishing work - it must be a fab feeling even if it is a bit scary!!
Good luck in Oz
Shell
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:17 pm
She's Diddy, He's Not

Cheers everyone.

Very weird feeling no longer having a job. At the same time it feels fantastic. Only the Mrs can hassle for being late from now on.

The keys thing is a bizarre thought. I don't go anywhere without my keys. Fortunately I have a few that I have no idea what they're for, so maybe I'll just keep carrying them anyway.

Paul.
Old Jan 1st 2005, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Paul.
you too paul and family, all the best for the future
Old Jan 2nd 2005, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck D and Mrs D and the ickle D's!!!!

Far North not for you in the end then???

Good luck