Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there a conspiracy??

Is there a conspiracy??

Old May 12th 2005, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future
Unhappy Is there a conspiracy??

So when did the bottom fall out of the market exactly - was it when we all stared to get our visas - this is so depressing, is this in answer to the number of Brits leaving the country???? We were hoping to leave for Brisbane on June 16th - but at this speed of knots we'll be luck to be gone by July!! Would not be quite so bad if I did not have a job to start! ekkkk

We can't go without selling need the capital - I heard an advert for National House buyers the other day, where they buy your house but a lower than market value figure, has anyone heard or had any experience of this area?

Any advice welcome please, finishing work next wednesday

Charlie
Old May 12th 2005, 8:50 pm
paradise in the redlands

neil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really niceneil.b is just really nice
Default Re: Is there a conspiracy??

We can't go without selling need the capital - I heard an advert for National House buyers the other day, where they buy your house but a lower than market value figure, has anyone heard or had any experience of this area?

Charlie[/QUOTE]

Out of curiosity, we contacted one of these companies the other week. They offered 105k for a 150k house.
Sorry, but can't put my reply up here.

Neil.
Old May 12th 2005, 8:52 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neil.b
Out of curiosity, we contacted one of these companies the other week. They offered 105k for a 150k house.

Neil.
Somebody mentioned another one of those companies on here before and I seem to recall that they generally offered something like 82% of the market value - so for £150k they would offer £123k. Try a search.
Old May 12th 2005, 9:02 pm
Forum Regular

charlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant futurecharlie63 has a brilliant future

Neil.[/QUOTE]

Hi there

just in interest but did you pay for a valuation?

charlie
Old May 12th 2005, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

gazzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't do it they offer around 2/3rds of market value!!

Gaz
Old May 12th 2005, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Originally Posted by charlie63
So when did the bottom fall out of the market exactly - was it when we all stared to get our visas - this is so depressing, is this in answer to the number of Brits leaving the country???? We were hoping to leave for Brisbane on June 16th - but at this speed of knots we'll be luck to be gone by July!! Would not be quite so bad if I did not have a job to start! ekkkk

Charlie
Well must agree with you, this time last year houses on my street were selling as fast as they went on the market but now nothing is moving.......but if everyone is leaving there is no-one left to buy!!! lol

Chris
Old May 12th 2005, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I have noticed a few sold signs going up round where I live in the last fortnight. Not mine unfortunately but fingers crossed. There must be buyers out there somewhere.
Tracey.
Old May 12th 2005, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

coxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to allcoxfamuk is a name known to all

My mum said that she heard on the radio today that instead of increasing interests that they were thinking of decreasing it because of a definite slump in the market, which should hopefully motivate people to buy.

I agree though, sometimes it does feel like a conspiracy.
Old May 13th 2005, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs up Re: Is there a conspiracy??

Originally Posted by coxfamuk
My mum said that she heard on the radio today that instead of increasing interests that they were thinking of decreasing it because of a definite slump in the market, which should hopefully motivate people to buy.

I agree though, sometimes it does feel like a conspiracy.

Ok fingers crossed 2 viewing booked for the weekend!!!! lets hope it's a good sign.

Really want to be posting SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Charlie
Old May 13th 2005, 9:52 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Charlie

YIKES!!!! this is bad news!!!!! are you Willows mate??
Old May 13th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
YIKES!!!! this is bad news!!!!! are you Willows mate??
hiya neighbour!
How ya doing? Yeh 4 year old 2 bed which were selling hand over fist last year!!!! well my timing was out eh! Are you on the market yet?

Charlie
Old May 13th 2005, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

hiya neighbour!
How ya doing? Yeh 4 year old 2 bed which were selling hand over fist last year!!!! well my timing was out eh! Are you on the market yet?

Charlie

no mate - we still getting TRA together for second round - we failed first time!!!! ****.

hubbie is anxious though because he feels best time to sell would be in the summer but we wont make it in time. also snooty fox is being develped and all around there for new houses so that will be a pi**er for us when the time comes.
Old May 13th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Ok fingers crossed 2 viewing booked for the weekend!!!! lets hope it's a good sign.

Really want to be posting SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Charlie
I've aso got 2 viewings tomorrow so I know how you feel. Saw another 2 sold signs today. Hopefully will be mine soon. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Tracey
Old May 13th 2005, 10:09 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rooksie
no mate - we still getting TRA together for second round - we failed first time!!!! ****.

hubbie is anxious though because he feels best time to sell would be in the summer but we wont make it in time. also snooty fox is being develped and all around there for new houses so that will be a pi**er for us when the time comes.

Its a real bummer, we have been on the market since feb with 5 offers most supid we thought at the time now kicking our selves for taking an earlier one, 2 buyers fallen through an 2 time wasters!! and since march its been silent thought it was the election and then the interest news, now just think people are nervous to buy!! Or the government is conspiring to stop us all pi****ng off!! mmm

So Snooty fox getting a poshing up eh!! only up the road from Willow Tree me all that carvery stuff not good for the ole hip you know so beware!!

What does hubby do again? I,m certain tha o Matilda will do see you fine and dandy, good luck with it all. We hope to be off end of June / start of July job waiting and I finish work next week - ooh lady of leisure and gonna 'Do lunch' with ole friends, nice one.

Will keep an eye out on your journey for visa

Charlie
Old May 13th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tracey.d
I've aso got 2 viewings tomorrow so I know how you feel. Saw another 2 sold signs today. Hopefully will be mine soon. Will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Tracey
Will keep my fingees crossed for you if you could recipicate will try and send you some karma for tomorrow

Charlie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.