Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone who has activated their visa and still hasn't moved yet

Is there anyone who has activated their visa and still hasn't moved yet

Old Nov 7th 2008, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of
Default Is there anyone who has activated their visa and still hasn't moved yet

I was just wondering when looking at various posts by different posters, and noticed some people joined the site way back and still haven't made the move yet.. How many people out there have activated and are leaving it to the last minute to make the move over, or have decided not to do it at all.
We are at the other end of the scale, activated within 6 weeks of getting the visa, and moved over 7 months later. No regrets.. Best decision we ever made.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

chilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nicechilliman is just really nice
Default Re: Is there anyone who has activated their visa and still hasn't moved yet

I'm still in the UK but finally heading out feb next year!

Alot of reasons for the delay, all not entirely in my control but will be getting there eventually!!
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is there anyone who has activated their visa and still hasn't moved yet

We had a year between me validating and us actually moving out. A couple of reasons, one (house) outside our control and one (daughter) inside our control.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Had the visa 18 months now. Intend to move eventually be it won't be for a while for job reasons.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 9:03 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Visa granted in Sept 07 and we made the move 6 months later - we didnt validate just moved over.

I didnt see the point in hanging around - life too unpredictable for us so just bit the bullet and moved.
Old Nov 8th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

validated march '08 and stuck in blighty with house not selling
Old Nov 9th 2008, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

SheilaClare is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa granted Oct 06, validated April 07 and finally going Dec 08, delayed at first due to work commitments, then house not selling but we're now renting house and going, as fed up with the waiting.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

pata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant futurepata has a brilliant future

I will have had my visa for 3 years in Jan.
Again various reasons for delaying move, mainly my son not wanting to go.
My daughter moved out to Brisbane earlier this year and I am now aiming to let out my house and move over Feb.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

mrbond is an unknown quantity at this point

How long do you have once in possession of your visa before it;s too late to go?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Craig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura aboutCraig822 has a spectacular aura about

Visa granted in June 05. House bought on validation trip in Sep/Oct 05. Finally moving 6 weeks on Sunday!!!! Lots of reasons such as finishing contract in the RAF and a short holiday in Baghdad to negotiate. Can't wait now - this year has been the longest.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 6:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrbond
How long do you have once in possession of your visa before it;s too late to go?
5 years for most people.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

mrbond is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you need to validate within the first 5 years, or spend a set amount of time in AU etc etc?

I'm going to apply within the next 6 months and trying to gauge timescales for leaving the UK (if successful)
Old Nov 10th 2008, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

sa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud ofsa2uk2oz has much to be proud of

When your visa is granted you are usually given 1 year from the date on your police clearance. In our case we had to obtain both uk and SA police clearances as we had lived in both countries during the past 10 years.
As our South African police clearances were already 6 months old when we submitted them, we only had 6 months to make our initial entry, then a further 4 and a half years to move over.
Threw a bit of a spanner in the works for us as we thought initial entry would be made within a year.
But more than happy we made the move as fast as we did.
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Watty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to allWatty'n'Arls is a name known to all

We are in a similar position to many expats. Have the visa, validated but the housing market fell on its bum. We have decided that we will sort out renting out in Jan and get there asap into 2009!!

Its frustrating!!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

DEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud ofDEEDEE01 has much to be proud of

We were granted 175 in April this year, we too are just bighting the bullet, not validating and just going in Feb 09.

We to were dumped on by the UK housing crash, but we thought what the hell, it's now or never !!

We will be letting my cousin look after our house for about 12 month and them sticking it on the market for whatever we can sell it for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.