Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Old Apr 16th 2009, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

hi all thats emigrating in june

has anyone booked flights yet?

how much and who with?

jo x
Old Apr 16th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by josie jo

how much and who with?

jo x
Hi Jo
We fly on the 24th June from Manchester via Dubai and Singapore, (2 nights stop over in each destination).
We have booked with Emirates as we went with them 2 years ago when we validated, they were fantastic, (in our opinion).
We have paid approx £1900 for 2 adults and 1 child and this incudes the accommodation. We were lucky that we had accumulated just over 24,000 air miles when we validated so I was able to purchase additional miles direct from Emirates (approx £98 pp) and we have upgraded to Business Class for the last part of the journey
Good luck with the bookings and if anyone else is on the 14.05pm flight from Manchester on 24/06/09 let us know.
Old Apr 16th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Oakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to allOakwood 2 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hi everyone,
Was wondering if there was anyone moving to australia in june...If so then how are the plans going because it seems like i've got a list as long as my arm to sort out still

My hubby is flying out end of april, so i need to get everything sorted before he goes... I'm so stressed

It would be nice to hear from you all (if theres anyone)

Claire
Yes June for me 2 Also have a list as long as a bus conductors arm but
£518 London skid row to Sydney Airport thats Qantas with a stop in Singapore inclusive, And a shipping bill of £1100 cant be bad
Old Apr 17th 2009, 7:57 am
Forum Regular

tyne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
We to are moving in June. Havent booked flights yet but house completes on 19th of June. Going to fly before 30th June when prices go up. Have loads to sort out!
Trying to do it one thing at a time but still getting stresed.
Very worried about jobs. Think we must be mad going at this time with no job and not much money but waited 2yrs to sell house so not backing out now its sold!
Lorna
We are also flying from Newcastle to Brisbane at the end of June. Not booked flights yet, but will probably be 29th with emirates via Dubai. Can't wait!
Old Apr 17th 2009, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

great to hear from u all,

we cant stop over anywhere due to getting relocation expenses paid when i start my job, hope to go around the last few days of june

good luck everyone, keep in touch

jo x
Old Apr 17th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

meechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the roughmeechan1983 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hsherriff
Hi
We have to validate before july 15th so we leaving on 1st July to Perth.
Myself m Hubby and 3 kids who will be 22 20 and 16 when we get there..

Have looked into costs of shipping companies etc and we have had quotes of 10k euro for a 40ft container and 6k for a 20 ft.. Two dogs are just under 2k euro..
We are in Belgium and there is not the same amount of companies as in uk which is a pity..
I have however found a company who supplies and ships the containers and it is a lot cheaper. It does mean we have to do everything ourselves which I have to say is a bit daunting and I am still looking into eveything that I need to do but its going to be saving me thousands..

I am starting to pack things away now but its slow proccess we have soooooo much junk lol

It is indeed stressful moving for sure
Hi hope belguim is nice. I am male ,26 from glasgow southside and hitting perth first on a WHV for a while. Do a bit of travelling. Dont know where to really stay in perth etc

david
Old Jun 6th 2009, 8:16 pm
Just Joined

paul1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

how much and who with?

jo x
hi jo i just bought a ticket heathrow to brisbane £550 leaving on the 20th of june, return anytime within 12 months, it was with flightcentre.co.uk flying with quantas.

last week i didnt even have australia on my mind and then i had a thought a day later i booked the flight and a week hotel before i find a place to rent i have 20,000 aud and thats it, thought i would find work easy so i didnt have to spend all my money on rent, i looked on the australian jobs sites and thought there were plenty of jobs thats why i booked my flight, now reading posts on here im considering selling my ticket.

can anyone tell me what is the first impression when you arrive in australia. is it really like what you want it to be sun all the time better way of life nicer people etc etc, i will be going on my own dont want to end up over there unhappy.

Last edited by paul1981; Jun 6th 2009 at 8:19 pm.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

deblaw will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by meechan1983
Hi hope belguim is nice. I am male ,26 from glasgow southside and hitting perth first on a WHV for a while. Do a bit of travelling. Dont know where to really stay in perth etc

david
I stayed in a great backpackers called Pirates in Fremantle when I travelled in Perth a few years ago, friendly, not to expensive or dirty with great people there at the time.

Check out the LP review http://hotels.lonelyplanet.com/hotel...000148865.html

Have a great time

Deb
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:28 am
Forum Regular

hello to everyone moving to oz this month

how's it all goin??????????

we are all so excited, but scared also! but just cant wait for it all to happen, would love to hear from anyone else of to brisbane.

luv jo x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:44 am
Just Joined

hello to everyone moving to oz this month

how's it all goin??????????

we are all so excited, but scared also! but just cant wait for it all to happen, would love to hear from anyone else of to brisbane.

luv jo x
im landing in brisbane on the 22nd, one minute im excited and thoughts keep rolling in.

The the the devil on one soulder says you might not find work, you might not like it, the huge long flight, people your leaving behind, the grass is never greener on the other side.

but im sticking with the angel on the other shoulder going, its going to be great, the sun is always out, the lifestyle will be better, you will be a happier person, you are on a adventure, you will find work, you are seeing something that has to be seen, this will be a experience of a life time,

Im focusing all my energy into the angel that way i have positive mental attitude, without it we are all not going to get on out there. just look at holidays on offer in queensland the beaches are amazing, it will be nice to get in my mazda cronk as i notice they sell 20 year old cars for about 1000 uk pounds (crazy but fun!), i will have to get a car as i want to see lots of australia,
queensland beaches goldcoast aint far from brisbane so i will definatley be driving up there for a few days, good luck everyone.. jo where are you from im 28 from swansea uk
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

hi paul, everything your saying me and my family are thinking and feeling too, we are a family of 5 from nottingham, i luckily secured a job already in brisbane but we are going to look for rental on the gold coast and i will commute to work, but worth it i'm sure!!we fly on 29th june!! and time seems to be flying!!Jo x
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

karenpar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , we got here last week, my best advice would be bring a jumper , the mornings and evenings are cool until the sun gets going - then its fantastic weather at this time of year.
Hope the move goes well - we are Brisbane north side
Old Jun 9th 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by karenpar
Hi , we got here last week, my best advice would be bring a jumper , the mornings and evenings are cool until the sun gets going - then its fantastic weather at this time of year.
Hope the move goes well - we are Brisbane north side
ok whats the first impressions im going on my own and leaving my girlfriend behind but she is coming out end of july but for only three weeks, everyone on here seems to be taking either a partner or family, ive been living with my girlfriend 2 1/2 years, im thinking i will be kinda on my own if you know what i mean. really thinking of selling my ticket. tell me what is it really like, please explain in as much detail as you can, as your reply might be the answer i need.

regards paul.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

hi all we have our flights booked for the 20th of june cost us £1300 with singapor airways 22 hours 1 stop off in singapor thats for 2 adults and 1 infant, we are pretty much ready to go weve shipped stuff, we have a bank account over there, we have a house over there to go to, i transfered the money over today and i am GUTTED with the sh*t exchange rate, i have tried to wait but that resulted in me loosing £300 lol o well life goes on, if i had of changed back in november i would have an extra £7500 or $15000 lol but i dint havt the money then so duno what am on bout, just shocked at how rubbish it is i exchanged at 2.01 i no. so all we have left to do is put the clothes in the case and say bye bye
Old Jun 9th 2009, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

davidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to alldavidb1989 is a name known to all

by the way check the meet up forum soapy is holding a get together if any ones coming to brissy or gold coast it should be good

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.