Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:58 pm
Claire

Keg R will become famous soon enoughKeg R will become famous soon enough
Default Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Hi everyone,
Was wondering if there was anyone moving to australia in june...If so then how are the plans going because it seems like i've got a list as long as my arm to sort out still

My hubby is flying out end of april, so i need to get everything sorted before he goes... I'm so stressed

It would be nice to hear from you all (if theres anyone)

Claire

Last edited by Keg R; Apr 1st 2009 at 9:10 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is there anyone on here moving to Australia in June??

Originally Posted by Keg R
Hi everyone,
Was wondering if there was anyone moving to australia in june...If so then how are the plans going because it seems like i've got a list as long as my arm to sort out still

My hubby is flying out end of april, so i need to get everything sorted before he goes... I'm so stressed

It would be nice to hear from you all (if theres anyone)

Claire
HI there, we are flying 23rd june still got loads to do plus a house extension to build but im not worried as my wife says i,m so laid back i may aswell be horizontal all the time.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Hi Claire,

I'm flying out on June 26th to Perth. Re my plans as I'm going on my own it's not too bad. Flight is organised, had quotes from removals and just about to decide on that, cancelled my Internet (had to give 3 months notice), still have to tell the Inland Rev but will do that nearer the time and don't have a house to sell\rent or a car anymore.

I'm currently in the process of selling things that I'm not taking. Will probably clean my bike, tent etc over Easter.

What other things do you have to do?.. arranging the removals is probably my biggest thing left.

Cheers

Kevin
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:46 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by grahampaula
HI there, we are flying 23rd june still got loads to do plus a house extension to build but im not worried as my wife says i,m so laid back i may aswell be horizontal all the time.
We to are moving in June. Havent booked flights yet but house completes on 19th of June. Going to fly before 30th June when prices go up. Have loads to sort out!
Trying to do it one thing at a time but still getting stresed.
Very worried about jobs. Think we must be mad going at this time with no job and not much money but waited 2yrs to sell house so not backing out now its sold!
Lorna
Old Apr 1st 2009, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

Kryptonix will become famous soon enoughKryptonix will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Lornagoingtobrissy
Very worried about jobs. Think we must be mad going at this time with no job and not much money but waited 2yrs to sell house so not backing out now its sold!
Lorna
Yeah worried about the job situation too as survival in oz depends on it. Still gotta give it a go.. either way I've got to validate in June anyway.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

YES! ME!
I am in Bournemouth, a woman in early thirties, accountant- taking the plunge in June! Where are you going? I'm headed for Brissie, but not a clue where in Brissie yet!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 12:58 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
YES! ME!
I am in Bournemouth, a woman in early thirties, accountant- taking the plunge in June! Where are you going? I'm headed for Brissie, but not a clue where in Brissie yet!
Hey, I'm if fareham how close is that
We're off to brissie too. Not very organized tho, how about u? u going on your own?
Claire
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:10 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by Kryptonix
Hi Claire,

I'm flying out on June 26th to Perth. Re my plans as I'm going on my own it's not too bad. Flight is organised, had quotes from removals and just about to decide on that, cancelled my Internet (had to give 3 months notice), still have to tell the Inland Rev but will do that nearer the time and don't have a house to sell\rent or a car anymore.

I'm currently in the process of selling things that I'm not taking. Will probably clean my bike, tent etc over Easter.

What other things do you have to do?.. arranging the removals is probably my biggest thing left.

Cheers

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
It feels like i've got loads to do. I've had a few quotes to pack/move are stuff but nobody is jumping out at me and i always go with my gut instinct.

I've heard u have to take your medical notes with u?? is that true??
We're going to do the same clean bikes, tents ect this week as the children are off. so they can get there hands dirty as well.

Like i've said before rich (hubby) is going out first so i need everything organized this end before he leaves. So its just little things really like paper work, telling people we're leaving... yes i've not told anyone yet, haven't found the right time.
Good luck and i hope oz brings u everything you hoped it would
Claire
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

Hey, I'm if fareham how close is that
We're off to brissie too. Not very organized tho, how about u? u going on your own?
Claire
Hiya
Wow! Small world!
Yes I'm going on my own. Don't know much about Brissie- maybe you can let me know what it is like!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

scampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant futurescampie has a brilliant future

we are going waited two years to sell house. Very worried and cannot book flights until exchange of contracts. Job situation seems as bad as in uk at moment. but we still are going homeless in the sun
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 3:49 pm
Forum Regular

josie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant futurejosie jo has a brilliant future

Hi Kevin,
It feels like i've got loads to do. I've had a few quotes to pack/move are stuff but nobody is jumping out at me and i always go with my gut instinct.

We're going to do the same clean bikes, tents ect this week as the children are off. so they can get there hands dirty as well.

Like i've said before rich (hubby) is going out first so i need everything organized this end before he leaves. So its just little things really like paper work, telling people we're leaving... yes i've not told anyone yet, haven't found the right time.
Claire
Hi all

we are going to brissie at the end of june, sold house in february and should complete middle of april so we too cannot book our flights until we have completed our house sale!! but need to validate by mid july!!

we are also planning to clean bikes and camping stuff at easter how bizarre we are all planning the same things? and how come you haven't told people you are going yet?

jo
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:18 pm
Claire

Originally Posted by josie jo
Hi all

we are going to brissie at the end of june, sold house in february and should complete middle of april so we too cannot book our flights until we have completed our house sale!! but need to validate by mid july!!

we are also planning to clean bikes and camping stuff at easter how bizarre we are all planning the same things? and how come you haven't told people you are going yet?

jo
Hi Jo,
We've got to be there before the 14th july so thats why we're going out there end of june. The prices for flights just keep going up, so if anyone on here gets a bargain then please forward to all us june's lol.

Its the only time i'm going to get it all clean all that stuff because i've got 2 weeks off and the children can help
Are u flying on your own??
I've not told anyone yet because i can't find the right words.... i'm worried everyones going to be negative about it all. I come from a very close family that don't like change.

Claire
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Lornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to allLornagoingtobrissy is a name known to all

Some days I'm so excited want to tell everybody i meet ha ha
other days not sure we are doing the right thing but i guess its just normal.

Family being a complete pain my mother still wont talk about it. We have said end of aug but with house completes 19th june we think why wait as we will have no where to live but my mother having a fit coz we are going sooner but she is still not saying live with us to you go!
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:18 pm
Forum Regular

Iando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant futureIando has a brilliant future

We (2 + 2 pre-school boys) are going 1st week of June to Brisbane - all booked but manic amount still to do!

Last edited by Iando; Apr 2nd 2009 at 5:35 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Claire
Yep likewise good luck to you and everyone else going out there at this time.

I'm taking my dental and doctors records with me, not sure if it's true but it can't hurt.

So easter is bike cleaning for a fair few of us by the sounds of it

I would tell people sooner rather than later, it'll be a weight off your mind. The longer you leave it the worse you'll feel.. hope they take the news well when you tell them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.