British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Is there any way i can return to Australia? WHV already done (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/there-any-way-i-can-return-australia-whv-already-done-938196/)

khni213 Apr 19th 2021 7:10 pm

Is there any way i can return to Australia? WHV already done

Hi All,

Would be great to get some help here. I know borders are still closed so my plan would be to try get the ball rolling now as im sure the visa processing will take time but i need to know if its going to even be possible for me to return.

I really enjoyed my time there and have missed it everyday since ive been back in ireland so id like to return for good now. Some background, I completed a two year Working Holiday visa a few years ago. I work in advertising and I'm 31 yo and single, from Ireland. I have a sister in Australia who is a citizen along with other family. Im wondering what my best best to be able to return to australia to work (permanetly) is?

My occupation isn't on the visa 189 list unfortuntely as that would be the handiest route - getting PR automatically and not having to be tied to an employer. When i was in oz i found it hard to get sponsorship but i have more work experience now so hoping that would help.

Im not sure if family sponsorhsip is possible in my case as i am not dependant on anyone per se.

Are my only options 1) state nomination 190 2) getting a remote job offer and getting them to sponsor me? Both of which feel extremly hard... i calculated my rough points and it's coming in at 95, unless im calculating it wrong. I put my job into the immi website and a few visa options pop up but all seem like a very slim chance.

I emailed a migration agent who said my best bet would be to do a degree / masters in a regional area of australia which is really not ideal at all. I already have a degree and lots of work experience.

My head is truly melted trying to find a realistic way. ANY thoughts would be much much appreciated. Thank you very much!

verystormy Apr 20th 2021 6:01 am

Re: Is there any way i can return to Australia? WHV already done

I would arrange a full assessment with a good registered migration agent. These are one of the best https://www.pinoyau.com

quoll Apr 20th 2021 7:38 am

Perhaps resign yourself to the fact that there may not be a way in at all. It happens for a lot of folk whose skills arent required. A chat with a registered agent would give you the best advice but it may be too complex/expensive/risky and you might just have to draw a line under it. Or, of course, do a total career about face (or marry an Aussie of course but I am not advocating that as the only reason to get hitched!)

the troubadour Apr 20th 2021 11:49 am

A Working Holiday is vastly different to actually living here and likely not knowing your neighbours. But if you must as mentioned a long study of something viable to gain entry (just be aware these change with regularity) or tie the knot with an Aussie. Really little other way around it.

khni213 Apr 20th 2021 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour (Post 12997277)
A Working Holiday is vastly different to actually living here and likely not knowing your neighbours. But if you must as mentioned a long study of something viable to gain entry (just be aware these change with regularity) or tie the knot with an Aussie. Really little other way around it.

I'm not sure how you figure that? A whv doesn't equal backpacker. I lived in the same apartment for two years in Australia near by friends and family that are still there whilst working in Advertising. So I don't see how that is vastly different. There's the regional visas and getting a sponsored job, so there are other ways aside from the two you listed, which I was hoping people could shed more light on, and if they are realistic.

the troubadour Apr 21st 2021 6:16 am

Originally Posted by khni213 (Post 12997473)
I'm not sure how you figure that? A whv doesn't equal backpacker. I lived in the same apartment for two years in Australia near by friends and family that are still there whilst working in Advertising. So I don't see how that is vastly different. There's the regional visas and getting a sponsored job, so there are other ways aside from the two you listed, which I was hoping people could shed more light on, and if they are realistic.

Point taken. Usually a WHV refers to back packers , which was the original concept. Having family would change things not to say established friends. Thing to do would be to check if your profession is on the 'desired' list . With advertising most likely not easy to obtain regional work, but few on here outside of those in the immigration business would be likely to provide any certainty on the issue. You could do worse than seek out advise.

Amazulu Apr 21st 2021 11:20 am

Originally Posted by khni213 (Post 12997065)
Hi All,

Would be great to get some help here. I know borders are still closed so my plan would be to try get the ball rolling now as im sure the visa processing will take time but i need to know if its going to even be possible for me to return.

I really enjoyed my time there and have missed it everyday since ive been back in ireland so id like to return for good now. Some background, I completed a two year Working Holiday visa a few years ago. I work in advertising and I'm 31 yo and single, from Ireland. I have a sister in Australia who is a citizen along with other family. Im wondering what my best best to be able to return to australia to work (permanetly) is?

My occupation isn't on the visa 189 list unfortuntely as that would be the handiest route - getting PR automatically and not having to be tied to an employer. When i was in oz i found it hard to get sponsorship but i have more work experience now so hoping that would help.

Im not sure if family sponsorhsip is possible in my case as i am not dependant on anyone per se.

Are my only options 1) state nomination 190 2) getting a remote job offer and getting them to sponsor me? Both of which feel extremly hard... i calculated my rough points and it's coming in at 95, unless im calculating it wrong. I put my job into the immi website and a few visa options pop up but all seem like a very slim chance.

I emailed a migration agent who said my best bet would be to do a degree / masters in a regional area of australia which is really not ideal at all. I already have a degree and lots of work experience.

My head is truly melted trying to find a realistic way. ANY thoughts would be much much appreciated. Thank you very much!

Your path is not straight forward but you could probably find a way - as others have said, talk to a good agent. I know people who have gone from WHV to work permit to permanent resident to citizen, so it can be done

Good luck

JDavies17 Apr 21st 2021 3:23 pm

It can be done, but it will take time. Now is not the best time for people to move to Australia with all the obvious restrictions and things in place.

I would say if you have your heart set on moving back to Australia then you need to make it a 5 year plan or so, take a good look into your job and see if there is a route that way, if not find another job stream you are interested in that could get you there. Hence why I say make it a 5 year plan (just an example) gives you time to really look at all options and adjust things accordingly.