Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are there any other mac operators out there?

Wikiposts

are there any other mac operators out there?

Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Gravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond reputeGravyman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are there any other mac operators out there?

Originally posted by sooz&abby
No we didnt fast track or anything like that. We're not in a mega hurry plus we'd like to move not blowing every penny we've saved. Hopefully we'll hear by July sometime whether its a yes or not to then go on and apply for the visa....

I am just wondering what do you think the conditions will be in Oz in the printing trade? I used to work for a few printers and it was sweatshop conditions. I don't particularly want to go back to that again... i want a better quality of life outdoors!! :-)

Im working in-house for a large financial software company but the down side is the work i do is very monotonous and boring so im ready for a change to get a better portfolio for Oz!
Hi
I'm not sure what conditions are like but the good thing is that if you don't have to go Pre Press. I'm aiming to get a designers job, although if pre press is all there is then I'll take it.

My job is more design than pre press so I can do both. I'm also learning new media programs like Director so it will be another string to my bow.

This all depends on what happens with the new SIR visa. It looks like you have to have a trade/skill in demand in a regional area so I may well have to go the pre press route depending on it being on the list.

Good luck with the TRA, at least you have youth on your side. If you don't get
an early deeming date at least you can wait a couple of years without losing points.

If only we could turn back the clock.

Graham