Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there any one in New Plymouth ?

Wikiposts

Is there any one in New Plymouth ?

Old May 22nd 2004, 2:53 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is there any one in New Plymouth ?

Hoping to come out on holiday with the view of moving there perminently if you live there could you give us some advive.

Nigel and family Poole Dorset UK
Old May 22nd 2004, 2:57 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Pollster's out there with occasional nice views of Mt Egmont
Attached Thumbnails Is there any one in New Plymouth ?-wt0005.jpg  
Old May 22nd 2004, 3:15 am
Dorset to Dunedin

Fooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond reputeFooferfish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got any more info ??

Can you give me any help on employment in the area ??
At present i am a roof tiler and i also have woodmachining skills plus cert, also i am studying plumbing and domestic heating at college and from what i hear trades people are in demand at this time !! we would like to come out for a 4 week hol next year and are looking for info on where to stay and what the weather is like around August time, if you would be able to help and e-mail me i would be extremely grateful
Old May 22nd 2004, 5:06 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Got any more info ??

Originally posted by foofer
Can you give me any help on employment in the area ??
At present i am a roof tiler and i also have woodmachining skills plus cert, also i am studying plumbing and domestic heating at college and from what i hear trades people are in demand at this time !! we would like to come out for a 4 week hol next year and are looking for info on where to stay and what the weather is like around August time, if you would be able to help and e-mail me i would be extremely grateful
Not really as I'm not Pollster. I'm pleasancefamily.
Old May 22nd 2004, 8:31 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

I am though!

Right - only been here a few months so don't know what it will be like in August.

In terms of where to stay - what do you want - rent a house? Stay in a motel? Camp? Luxury hotel? - how many of you?

Re: jobs - no idea what the market is here but look at www.taranakijobs.co.nz - there might be something there.

Any more specific questions please feel free to PM me!

New Plymouth and Taranaki in general is a lovely area of the universe and you couldn't get me back to the UK if you paid me millions and millions of sterling (well, actually you could, but no one will so I feel safe in making that statement!)

Nice (black) sand beaches, good surf, lots of parks, nice town with bars/restuarants and shops to cater for almost your every need. People are very friendly and welcoming - a sizeable expat presence which is sometimes good and sometimes not so good! More clubs and iorganisations covering every hobbie/interest you could possibly imagine than you can shake a stick at.

Truly paradise.