Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

are there any hotels in Hong Kong near the beach

are there any hotels in Hong Kong near the beach

Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future
Default are there any hotels in Hong Kong near the beach

I know this is a terrible question but my mum wants to stay by the beach when stopping off in Hong Kong!
Thanks
Tara
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: are there any hotels in Hong Kong near the beach

Can't really help with names of hotels but I would suggest you look at the hotels on Hong Kong Island rather then Kowloon. I've passed the beach on way to Stanley market but it doesn't look great. If she's travelling in her own I would suggest she stay a bit closer to the centre and just hop on a bus to the beach.

Hope you get a few more helpful replies
Old Nov 25th 2005, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

biscuit63 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ali south
I know this is a terrible question but my mum wants to stay by the beach when stopping off in Hong Kong!
Thanks
Tara
Tara,

I spent 3 years in HK and it's not really the place for a beach holiday. There are a few nice beaches on the outlying islands which are easy to get to if you have the time and know where your going but not really on the Island itself. The is a beach on the way to Stanley but again it's OK but not up to Thailand/Mayalsia standards. Plus that part of the Island is/was known for Tiger Sharks, but at least they had nets, and sewerage does get pumped into the sea all over the Island. If I were stopping over I would book into a hotel near the Central district or south Kowloon and explore what HK has to offer, maybe find a hotel with a pool, but forget the beach.

Biscuit63
Old Nov 26th 2005, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

ali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant futureali south has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by biscuit63
Tara,

I spent 3 years in HK and it's not really the place for a beach holiday. There are a few nice beaches on the outlying islands which are easy to get to if you have the time and know where your going but not really on the Island itself. The is a beach on the way to Stanley but again it's OK but not up to Thailand/Mayalsia standards. Plus that part of the Island is/was known for Tiger Sharks, but at least they had nets, and sewerage does get pumped into the sea all over the Island. If I were stopping over I would book into a hotel near the Central district or south Kowloon and explore what HK has to offer, maybe find a hotel with a pool, but forget the beach.

Biscuit63
thank you