Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is there any expats in brisbane!!!!!!!

Is there any expats in brisbane!!!!!!!

Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of
Default Is there any expats in brisbane!!!!!!!

I have been here 4 months and still not have made any friends, Actually thinking that its now me, I know people say put yourself out there, but i couldn't be out here any more than i do. I have phoned numerous playgroups and they are all full. Starting to feel real paranoid now thinking its maybe me, I have never been like this before. Just wondering if this is normal feelings and fears with the whole moving abroad thingy.I am afraid that i may start talking to myself real soon, which is not a good start to a supposedly new and exciting time.
Sorry for boring the pants off everyone but i just need to know is this normal feelings.
Cheers Suzanne
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:19 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is there any expats in brisbane!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by svinnes
I have been here 4 months and still not have made any friends, Actually thinking that its now me, I know people say put yourself out there, but i couldn't be out here any more than i do. I have phoned numerous playgroups and they are all full. Starting to feel real paranoid now thinking its maybe me, I have never been like this before. Just wondering if this is normal feelings and fears with the whole moving abroad thingy.I am afraid that i may start talking to myself real soon, which is not a good start to a supposedly new and exciting time.
Sorry for boring the pants off everyone but i just need to know is this normal feelings.
Cheers Suzanne
No We are all in Melbourne

Bumping it up for you...there are loads

Come on Brissie people..answer this ladys' thread !!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:25 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Suzanne
Hi Suzanne

Have you tried the Bayside site?

Reason I ask is cos the site is owned by MrsDagboy and ABCDiamond. They often arrange Expat meetings where Expats and kids attend.

Here is the link:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...neBaysideBrits
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:34 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by phoenixinoz
Hi Suzanne

Have you tried the Bayside site?

Reason I ask is cos the site is owned by MrsDagboy and ABCDiamond. They often arrange Expat meetings where Expats and kids attend.

Here is the link:
http://s6.invisionfree.com/BrisbaneB...neBaysideBrits
Aren't you a bit old for playgroups?

There are 2 Brisbane meets coming up - one early Feb, (about the 11th I think) meeting in the city, and one Feb 25th - mainly a 'girls night' that one I think in Gilhooleys at Chermside. My OH is also organising a get together at the Belvedere in Woody Point around Easter I think. Don't wait for formal invites, they don't happen, it's a case of watch for the posts and invite yourself along.
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:44 am
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 232Bar
Aren't you a bit old for playgroups?
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

svinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud ofsvinnes has much to be proud of

Would love to get a night out, Have not see the big lights as yet. I am only 33, i love the playgroups(not) I f i didn't have to amuse the little one believe me. But have not met anyone to find a babysitter yet and my OH works offshore in perth.
Suzanne
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

Cheers Suzanne
Ah, sorry, I have been here a year and still got no mates, and neither has my wife!!

I have always had friends but I decided to leave them behind, as they didnt want to come with me, personally it doesnt bother me as my best mate is my wife and kids, and we are just about finding our feet, and getting to know the place,

For me to have friends it has to be spontanious, i dont like manufactured meetings, as it imposes too much stress, and is artificial , but then i can be an anti-social git and narrow minded sometimes, so is no wonder sometimes.

It will come in time, i look when i moved areas and achanged jobs it always brought new realtionships, just this time, i havebeenmoving around too much for any consistency.

so to answer your question , its not you , unless you wear a Man Utd bobble hat or something!!
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

That last post actually made me think, That maybe i should be on my own i left behind all the crappy gossip and not knowing who to trust, But i also left behind a handfull of real good friends that i don't know if i will find again. Just would like to be able to have a bit of a gass with someone thats in the same boat, Or does that sound desperate!!!
Suzanne
Old Feb 2nd 2006, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

goldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to allgoldcoastblue is a name known to all

That last post actually made me think, That maybe i should be on my own i left behind all the crappy gossip and not knowing who to trust, But i also left behind a handfull of real good friends that i don't know if i will find again. Just would like to be able to have a bit of a gass with someone thats in the same boat, Or does that sound desperate!!!
Suzanne
If they are good friends you will never lose them, I still speak to all my mates in the uK on the telephone, i talk for england and always believe in staying in touch with people, only takes a second,

speak to my wife she's in the same boat, no mates, hates gossiping and clicks but loves to party and have a genuine chat, laugh and get on with things.

Ever fancy a trip to the gold coast let us know, put you in touch
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 9:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to get a night out, Have not see the big lights as yet. I am only 33, i love the playgroups(not) I f i didn't have to amuse the little one believe me. But have not met anyone to find a babysitter yet and my OH works offshore in perth.
Suzanne
Hi

My daughter Hannah babysits for quite a few expats in the bayside area if you ever need anyone.

Amanda
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

Cheers Suzanne
Hey Suzanne - where are you in Brisbane? I just moved and am staying in Toowong. We found a place to rent in Chapel Hill and will move in next month. It's a big place - so not only do we need to find friends, but find friends who live nearby! I'm going to the meeting on Feb. 11 if I can.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:42 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Hi,

I am not in Brisbane yet, but missus and son are, drop us a PM...

ex-GLOS,

Missus works in Toowong, son practises his Jujitsu lessons also in Toowong and pre-school, and we live in Brookfield...

Drop us a PM, nice to know Expats that are so close
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

ex-GLOS will become famous soon enoughex-GLOS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Boomerang
Hi,

I am not in Brisbane yet, but missus and son are, drop us a PM...

ex-GLOS,

Missus works in Toowong, son practises his Jujitsu lessons also in Toowong and pre-school, and we live in Brookfield...

Drop us a PM, nice to know Expats that are so close
Hey boomerang - i haven't got the hang of PM and all that. If your wife wants to meet up for coffee sometime - have her drop me an e-mail thru the site. How long has she been here?
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 10:56 am
G'day Mate

Boomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of lightBoomerang is a glorious beacon of light

Oh shes an aussie, so is my son, im the foreigner

I'll drop you a PM/Email

Last edited by Boomerang; Feb 3rd 2006 at 12:20 pm.
Old Feb 3rd 2006, 12:11 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Suzanne
Hi Suzanne

There are loads of us here. We are in Cleveland, Bayside. We got here in September last year. Hubby is a nurse and works at Greenslopes hospital, and we have 2 girls Aimee 10 and Georgia who is just turned 2.

We have lots of friends here and have lots of get togethers. If you want to email me with your phone number then maybe I could ring you and meet up with you and get you introduced to some of them.

Don't worry
Ang