British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Are there any Essex people in Sydney? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/there-any-essex-people-sydney-260920/)

SydneyStace Oct 19th 2004 4:02 am

Are there any Essex people in Sydney?

I'm sitting at work (a bit bored to be honest :zzz: ) and am scrolling through all the threads, noticing people like to meet people from similiar counties, so I thought I'd ask how many of you are Essex people "Daaaan Under" ???

Sorry for the really un-interesting thread but it's making me look really busy as I'm typing away! hee hee
Can't wait for 5pm so I can :beer:

Copperben Oct 19th 2004 4:28 am

Re: Are there any Essex people in Sydney?

Well if you count NZ as Down Under then yes i'm born and bred essex girl.

SydneyStace Oct 19th 2004 4:57 am

Cool....So where are you from? I'm from Grays. I've been in Sydney since 1st July this year. How long have you been in NZ?

Originally Posted by Copperben
Well if you count NZ as Down Under then yes i'm born and bred essex girl.

wendymaisie Oct 19th 2004 6:36 am

Hi,

What part of Essex are you originally from? I moved from Langdon Hills (just outside Basildon) to Campbelltown area (about 50kms south west from Sydney) in May this year. Am enjoying it so far although cant wait for the summer! how long have you been in Sydney.

Enjoy your beers at 5! :beer: :beer:

Wendy

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
I'm sitting at work (a bit bored to be honest :zzz: ) and am scrolling through all the threads, noticing people like to meet people from similiar counties, so I thought I'd ask how many of you are Essex people "Daaaan Under" ???

Sorry for the really un-interesting thread but it's making me look really busy as I'm typing away! hee hee
Can't wait for 5pm so I can :beer:

chels Oct 19th 2004 7:13 am

I'm not an Essex girl, but I went to school in Woodford Green - does that count? And I used to go out in Ilford and Romford (lucky old me).

I definitely live in Sydney now though!

Bordy Oct 19th 2004 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chels
I'm not an Essex girl, but I went to school in Woodford Green - does that count? And I used to go out in Ilford and Romford (lucky old me).

I definitely live in Sydney now though!

Can you dance around your handbag at the disco though? :D

wendymaisie Oct 19th 2004 7:21 am

But must be wearing white stilletos as you do! ;)

Originally Posted by Bordy
Can you dance around your handbag at the disco though? :D

chels Oct 19th 2004 7:26 am

I can genuinely say I've never owned a pair of white stilletos but dancing around a handbag - GUILTY. :o

wendymaisie Oct 19th 2004 7:31 am

Same here! lol

I can genuinely say I've never owned a pair of white stilletos but dancing around a handbag - GUILTY. :o

chels Oct 19th 2004 7:40 am

Originally Posted by wendymaisie
Same here! lol

And there would normally be at least six of them, because I could never dance on my own...

soapy© Oct 19th 2004 10:49 am

nah nah, im sure u were wearing a pair when we met at the sydney meet :D
have u found work yet :p

SydneyStace Oct 19th 2004 11:18 pm

Ha ha ha I knew the white stilletoes topic would crop up somewhere down the line! I can honestly say that I must be the only Essex girl who can't even walk in a pair of stilletoes even when I'm sober!! Needless to say I've never owned a pair.
Well I'm from Grays, which as you know isn't far from Basildon. I'm working in Wetherill Park (Western Sydney) and am living close by. We are still staying with my in-laws and we are house hunting at the moment. Pretty desperate to get out as there's 5 adults (including us) and 4 kids. 'Nuff said!! :scared:

Originally Posted by soapy
nah nah, im sure u were wearing a pair when we met at the sydney meet :D
have u found work yet :p

wendymaisie Oct 19th 2004 11:32 pm

Grays eh? that brings back some distant memories of falling out drunk of the Courtyard Inn pub and Pizazz nightclub, although not wearing stilettos! (many many moons ago......am showing my age now! lol)

Good luck with the house hunting!

Originally Posted by SydneyStace
Ha ha ha I knew the white stilletoes topic would crop up somewhere down the line! I can honestly say that I must be the only Essex girl who can't even walk in a pair of stilletoes even when I'm sober!! Needless to say I've never owned a pair.
Well I'm from Grays, which as you know isn't far from Basildon. I'm working in Wetherill Park (Western Sydney) and am living close by. We are still staying with my in-laws and we are house hunting at the moment. Pretty desperate to get out as there's 5 adults (including us) and 4 kids. 'Nuff said!! :scared:

SydneyStace Oct 20th 2004 1:51 am

Aaaahhh I used to go to P'zaz all the time!! (sorry, but I had to admit it!) and karaoke nights at the Courtyard too! Wow, that's a blast from the past eh!! hee hee

Originally Posted by wendymaisie
Grays eh? that brings back some distant memories of falling out drunk of the Courtyard Inn pub and Pizazz nightclub, although not wearing stilettos! (many many moons ago......am showing my age now! lol)

Good luck with the house hunting!