Reload this Page >

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Wikiposts

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:51 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are ther any chavs in Australia

Originally Posted by NJJ
no burburry they seem to wear a sort of "Ali G" type getup. Although I spotted the girl who lives in the flat above us with a burburry umbrella the other day and poked fun at her for trying to be with the bling bling and she didnt have a clue what I was on about!!
Hey you knockin me Jules?
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by RReed
Apparently the original word 'charva' comes from a Romany word meaning prostitute.
In the North East the word Charva has been used for around twenty years. Originally used as a greeting: "Alreet Charva?". In the last 5 or so years it has been used to describe the lovely people you all refer to. We still call them Charvas in Newcastle. Funny to see how in the last year they have become country wide and renamed Chavs! Have they migrated?
Yeah I heard it has been used for years up north and in Scotland (ok, I know still 'up north' ..lol) but also I was speaking to someone recently who asked if i had any Chav's? to which I was confused by, but he said it meant 'kids'. He swore he's called kids Chav's for years!

Must admit, I'd never heard the word till the current use for it.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

As a community midwife our team looked after our fair share of charvas (I could write a book on baby names). One of my colleagues came to work one day really excited after seeing Christina Aguillara's video for 'Can't hold us down'. She claimed it was the first media representation of charva fashion and had brought charvadom to the mainstream
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:36 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

:d :d :d
Attached Thumbnails Are ther any chavs in Australia-chavopoly.jpg  
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 6:42 pm

gedge has disabled reputation

On eBay a while back:

She’s a Vauxhall 1991 1.8 GL 5-speed manual, on a J-plate and comes complete with a bit of GLC interior gold, a few pieces of choice leisurewear and some litter (lotto scratch cards, original hubcaps, bottles of Carlsberg) we still have the back bumper but that’s likely to be kept as a memento for what she was. Oh, and how could I forget, it’s got full central locking and power steering, the boot wont open properly though. It’s as bent as George Michael. Don’t be fooled though, there’s still plenty of room for a few bottles of White Lightning.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 7:22 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Council House And Violent.........(although my daughters boyfriend is a Chav and doesn't have a council house, must be spreading)
Old Apr 4th 2005, 1:44 am
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice

Originally Posted by RReed
Apparently the original word 'charva' comes from a Romany word meaning prostitute.
In the North East the word Charva has been used for around twenty years. Originally used as a greeting: "Alreet Charva?". In the last 5 or so years it has been used to describe the lovely people you all refer to. We still call them Charvas in Newcastle. Funny to see how in the last year they have become country wide and renamed Chavs! Have they migrated?
I remember using the word "charva" regularly as a kid growing up in inner city Leeds. It was always used in the context of a kind of "mate" type of word much like the poster above says it was used in Newcastle. Was surprised to see it change and migrate too, but can kind of see why.

BTW I grew up on a council estate (which is where I learnt my Woodhouse slang...which included charva, amongst many other turns of phrase!!)

I would say that Ferals here are not even in the same ballpark as Chavs tho...they are even more underclass than chavs (if you can get that low!) I would agree that the Ali G look is probably the closest thing to chavs we've got here.

I have a FANTASTIC picture of a chav girl but can't figure out how to post it!! DUR!!!

love sophia xx
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:12 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sophia
I remember using the word "charva" regularly as a kid growing up in inner city Leeds. It was always used in the context of a kind of "mate" type of word much like the poster above says it was used in Newcastle. Was surprised to see it change and migrate too, but can kind of see why.

BTW I grew up on a council estate (which is where I learnt my Woodhouse slang...which included charva, amongst many other turns of phrase!!)

I would say that Ferals here are not even in the same ballpark as Chavs tho...they are even more underclass than chavs (if you can get that low!) I would agree that the Ali G look is probably the closest thing to chavs we've got here.

I have a FANTASTIC picture of a chav girl but can't figure out how to post it!! DUR!!!

love sophia xx
"cooshti charvi" means "everythings ok mate" in Suffolk, wonder if its the same? Have just checked out that website and its so funny! My friend is extremely posh and will be horrified when she sees her beloved Burberry draped across the backs of the young scum! Have emailed the link to her!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:50 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Love this thread, having a bad day and this made me smile.
FYI any future kids will be call Sabrina Keeley or Storm Dean!
Old Apr 4th 2005, 2:57 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
Love this thread, having a bad day and this made me smile.
FYI any future kids will be call Sabrina Keeley or Storm Dean!

There were some kids in Harrow on Saturday called 'Britney and Chelsea'

I have seen them before.

They always seem to have a staffordshire bull terrier with huge testicles (coz its cruel to chop their nuts off innit?) called Tyson.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:28 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
There were some kids in Harrow on Saturday called 'Britney and Chelsea'

I have seen them before.

They always seem to have a staffordshire bull terrier with huge testicles (coz its cruel to chop their nuts off innit?) called Tyson.
The thing is i have a nephew how is sooooo chav, baseball cap, bling, always in track suits which sit on his hips showing off his pants! :scared: and hangs around with a group like dressed lads and girls

Kids today
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:37 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
The thing is i have a nephew how is sooooo chav, baseball cap, bling, always in track suits which sit on his hips showing off his pants! :scared: and hangs around with a group like dressed lads and girls

Kids today

Now I am going to wet myself because im desperate for a pee and you have made me laugh with that vision.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Briz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant futureBriz-chick has a brilliant future

I reckon the oz equivilent of chav is a BOGAN.

Take a look at these sites:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/

http://www.effect.net.au/lukastan/hu...-The-Bogan.htm
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:06 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pompeywill
They have a chav baby name generator!
If I was a chav my son would be called Lee Storm and my daughter Candice....nice
You calling me family chav`s eh??? Me surname`s Storm, innit!

Chav stands for `Council Home And Violent`

Last edited by Stormz; Apr 4th 2005 at 9:08 am.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:38 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Stormz
You calling me family chav`s eh??? Me surname`s Storm, innit!

Chav stands for `Council Home And Violent`
am I bothered? am i bothered though? look at my face...do I look bothered?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.