Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Wikiposts

Are ther any chavs in Australia

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are ther any chavs in Australia

Originally Posted by Widdi
I cant remember seeing any chavs in Perth

I hate everything about them - football, wide boy cars, council hangouts - that fact that I got a £1800 key scratch down my car last night.

Please help me get away from this breed of people!!!
No problem can we introduce you tho to the 17 year old driver, with 30 year old illegal wreck, dragging your suburban estate (and front lawn) pants hung below arse level, too small T shirt, add hoodie for winter, shopping trolley scratch and dent fun and party for 1200 hangout

Forgot to mention Burberry plaid and perfume was all over myer last week :scared:

Last edited by jad n rich; Apr 3rd 2005 at 9:43 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 9:51 am
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bodger
Short for CHeltenham AVerage I think.

Check out www.chavscum.co.uk
They have a chav baby name generator!
If I was a chav my son would be called Lee Storm and my daughter Candice....nice
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Paul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond reputePaul has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Calgal
I have been out of the UK for some time now, so could you please further define said "Chav", and does simply being from a council estate make a person one? Thanks
Here's a more serious look at the meaning of CHAV

http://www.worldwidewords.org/topicalwords/tw-cha2.htm
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:45 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Paul
Here's a more serious look at the meaning of CHAV

http://www.worldwidewords.org/topicalwords/tw-cha2.htm

I had always wondered what it meant.

I dont see chavs where I live, we see pikies and I hate loathe and detest them.

Do they have pikies in Australia?

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:49 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I had always wondered what it meant.

I dont see chavs where I live, we see pikies and I hate loathe and detest them.

Do they have pikies in Australia?
Not that I have seen but there are ferals who behave and live in a similiar manner. Easily avoided though and I guess you aren't the Numbin type.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 10:54 am
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by bondipom
Not that I have seen but there are ferals who behave and live in a similiar manner. Easily avoided though and I guess you aren't the Numbin type.

Pardon the ignorance, what is Numbin type?

Some say its cruel to 'persecute the pikies' but they cause so much trouble, breaking into peoples houses/gardens and threatening them or intimidating them.

When I was a vet nurse, you would not believe the cruelty these people do to their animals.

Their children are stealing from toddlers, so they dont stand a chance really.

Its hard to give people a chance when they are aggressive, hostile and will rob you blind.

thats life I guess, you get hardened to what hurts you.

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Pardon the ignorance, what is Numbin type?

Some say its cruel to 'persecute the pikies' but they cause so much trouble, breaking into peoples houses/gardens and threatening them or intimidating them.

When I was a vet nurse, you would not believe the cruelty these people do to their animals.

Their children are stealing from toddlers, so they dont stand a chance really.

Its hard to give people a chance when they are aggressive, hostile and will rob you blind.

thats life I guess, you get hardened to what hurts you.
Nimbin is where you go for some chemical stimulation.
http://www.nimbinaustralia.com/hempbar/
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:08 pm
Just Joined

Strass is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Re: Are ther any chavs in Australia

Originally Posted by Bodger
Short for CHeltenham AVerage I think.

Check out www.chavscum.co.uk
I came from the north east of England and they were called YACKERS.............don't know why!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:50 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

I don't think it would be complete a thread about Chav's without their Queen being present

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Oh and not forgetting the King too (altho some would argue he is, but anyway)

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:19 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I would say that the Australian equvalent of the common "Chav" would be a cross between the Australian local "Feral" (I've spotted plenty around country Victoria) and those blokes off the SBS TV program "Fat Pizza".

NJJ
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:35 pm
wombat42

We don't have to worry about any of them immigrating down here as none of them could pass the English literacy test.

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by NJJ
Yes I would say that the Australian equvalent of the common "Chav" would be a cross between the Australian local "Feral" (I've spotted plenty around country Victoria) and those blokes off the SBS TV program "Fat Pizza".

NJJ
Those trackie wearing blokes off fat Pizza are pretty common around Auburn and other western burbs. They don't wear burberry but they like modified yellow and purple sports cars and burning out the rubber in public.
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:49 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Those trackie wearing blokes off fat Pizza are pretty common around Auburn and other western burbs. They don't wear burberry but they like modified yellow and purple sports cars and burning out the rubber in public.

no burburry they seem to wear a sort of "Ali G" type getup. Although I spotted the girl who lives in the flat above us with a burburry umbrella the other day and poked fun at her for trying to be with the bling bling and she didnt have a clue what I was on about!!
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pompeywill
Anyone know where the word 'Chav' comes from? What does it mean?

I thought that chav was gypsy slang for child. Now it seems to be label given to yobs.
Apparently the original word 'charva' comes from a Romany word meaning prostitute.
In the North East the word Charva has been used for around twenty years. Originally used as a greeting: "Alreet Charva?". In the last 5 or so years it has been used to describe the lovely people you all refer to. We still call them Charvas in Newcastle. Funny to see how in the last year they have become country wide and renamed Chavs! Have they migrated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.