Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Theoretically speaking . . . (to do with baby bonus)

Theoretically speaking . . . (to do with baby bonus)

Old Nov 6th 2009, 7:48 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Default Theoretically speaking . . . (to do with baby bonus)

If you had a baby while here on a 457, but was granted PR before the baby was 6 months old (you need to claim the bonus before the child is 6 months), would you then be able to claim the bonus? Or would it stipulate that you had to be an Australian resident at the time of birth?

K x
Old Nov 6th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of
Default Re: Theoretically speaking . . . (to do with baby bonus)

You would have to have been eligible within 14 weeks of the childs birth to be eligible.
Old Nov 8th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by homewardbound
You would have to have been eligible within 14 weeks of the childs birth to be eligible.
what if you have PR but back living in UK, baby to be born in UK then return to Oz - any baby bonus?

Eastern Europeans are claiming family allowance in uk for kids who are still back home with wives. So is it reasonable as a PR temporarily out of the country to be entitled to baby bonus?
Old Nov 8th 2009, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

You could do it Kar Kier but best to make sure your due date is near the time of visa grant. Our current group have been getting ENS in about 6-7weeks. However with delays happening, its possible you could just miss out so give yourself a couple of extra weeks on the 6/7 weeks.

Gems
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

homewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud ofhomewardbound has much to be proud of

Mr Cro you need to be in the country to apply for the BB so if temporarily in the UK then no you wouldnt be eligible unless you were back in the country within the 14 week deadline. Hope that helps
Old Nov 8th 2009, 10:56 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Mr Cro you need to be in the country to apply for the BB so if temporarily in the UK then no you wouldnt be eligible unless you were back in the country within the 14 week deadline. Hope that helps
I'm not disagreeing, but where does it say about the 14 week deadline? The only time scale I could find was 6 months!
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:09 am
BE Enthusiast

You won't find that info easily. You need to be residing in Au within 13 weeks of the birth to be eligible for BB
Old Nov 8th 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I know I quoted 14 weeks previously - my apologies i meant 13 weeks :-)
Old Nov 9th 2009, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of lightMrCro is a glorious beacon of light

I know I quoted 14 weeks previously - my apologies i meant 13 weeks :-)
so if we fly back b4 the baby is 13 weeks old I can apply?

Just hope that i can sort my wifes visa out in time then as not risking x-ray for meds before birth, we've been together 4 years and will have a child then so she'll go staight to PR too. Another bonus!
Old Nov 10th 2009, 12:04 am
BE Enthusiast

You can apply if your joint income is less than $75000 in the 6 months from the date of birth of the child. By claiming BB you also claim for FTB and Maternity Immunisation Allowance. You will need to provide medicare numbers at some point.

The process is to register for online services at www.centrelink.gov.au go online to make a claim then you will need to supply birth certs for your child and 100pts of ID including visa and passport for yourself and wife PLUS TFN - no TFN, no pay - take these in to your nearest clink office for them to scan! You will need an aussie address and bank account and will need to provide income estimates for the 6 months and 12 months. They may ask for verification of the 6 mthly income for the bbonus by way of a letter from employer OR payslips. This all needs to be provided within 14 days of making a claim or it may be deemed invalid and you will have to do the whole claim again.

If you leave the country you can continue to claim ftb part A for 13 weeks and thereafter it will drop down to the base rate for up to 3 years. If they believe you are NOT residentially qualified they can cancel the claim at anytime and request you pay the money back if they believe you werent eligible. Only one parent needs to be PR btw.

You MUST let them know when you leave the country or your payments will stop immediately as they have links to DIAC.

I hope that helps but any questions just ask