British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Theme parks???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/theme-parks-486326/)

MandyB Oct 10th 2007 1:13 am

Theme parks????

Hi, can anyone tell me if there are any theme parks of any sort in or around Perth. Surely they can't all be on East Coast:huh:

many thanks

Streaks Oct 10th 2007 1:19 am

Re: Theme parks????

Hi Mandy, I have a season ticket for Adventure World which is in Bibra Lake, it's a water park with all sorts going on. Bibra Lake is not far from Fremantle. My family absolutely love it.
S xx

MandyB Oct 10th 2007 3:35 am

Originally Posted by Streaks (Post 5406692)
Hi Mandy, I have a season ticket for Adventure World which is in Bibra Lake, it's a water park with all sorts going on. Bibra Lake is not far from Fremantle. My family absolutely love it.
S xx

Thanx Streaks, i'll look it up, trawled through the westernaustralia website today but couldn't find anything!!!!!

mum01753 Oct 10th 2007 7:41 am

Originally Posted by MandyB (Post 5406883)
Thanx Streaks, i'll look it up, trawled through the westernaustralia website today but couldn't find anything!!!!!

www.adventureworld.net.au

Geelong Gent Oct 10th 2007 9:39 am

Originally Posted by MandyB (Post 5406681)
Hi, can anyone tell me if there are any theme parks of any sort in or around Perth. Surely they can't all be on East Coast:huh:

many thanks

I thought Perth was a theme Park?

worzel Oct 10th 2007 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent (Post 5407629)
I thought Perth was a theme Park?

Absolutely! Outdoor World. We went camping last weekend with 7 other families and between us did kayaking, jetskiing, fishing, swimming, eating, drinking and yapping. One or two couples spent a lot of time in their tents too;)

nightnurse2 Oct 11th 2007 12:50 am

Originally Posted by worzel (Post 5407878)
Absolutely! Outdoor World. We went camping last weekend with 7 other families and between us did kayaking, jetskiing, fishing, swimming, eating, drinking and yapping. One or two couples spent a lot of time in their tents too;)

And who was that?
Definately not us, OH didn't inflate the bed properly :mad:
My neck is still stiff ;)

worzel Oct 11th 2007 1:59 am

Originally Posted by nightnurse2 (Post 5411062)
And who was that?
Definately not us, OH didn't inflate the bed properly :mad:
My neck is still stiff ;)

I was thinking of S&R. but we didn't see that much of you two on the beach come to think of it:p S had a stiff neck too - is there something you want to tell us? ;)

PoppetUK Oct 11th 2007 5:52 am

Originally Posted by Streaks (Post 5406692)
S xx

Sorry to hijack your thread but whats Adventure world like for 3 year olds and 1 year olds?? Complete waste of time or do they have some rides?

Friends coming over in a couple of weeks.

Cheers Poppet

moneypenny20 Oct 11th 2007 6:05 am

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 5411527)
Sorry to hijack your thread but whats Adventure world like for 3 year olds and 1 year olds?? Complete waste of time or do they have some rides?

Cheers Poppet

By the looks of it, it's free for under 5s so doesn't sound promising.

Streaks Oct 11th 2007 8:10 am

Originally Posted by PoppetUK (Post 5411527)

Cheers Poppet

Hi Poppet, I don't have younger children so I'm not clued up as it were, my youngest is 11 although there is a kiddies cove for younger kids but I havent been in there so don't know if it's suitable. Sorry I havent been much use but if we go again in the next couple of weeks I'll have a look for you and post my findings.
S xx

mum01753 Oct 11th 2007 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Streaks (Post 5411914)
Hi Poppet, I don't have younger children so I'm not clued up as it were, my youngest is 11 although there is a kiddies cove for younger kids but I havent been in there so don't know if it's suitable. Sorry I havent been much use but if we go again in the next couple of weeks I'll have a look for you and post my findings.
S xx

I have been and i would say that the rides are not really suitable for youngster but it would be a loverly day out as there are the swimming pools and some things to see.

But deff dont go if you want rides for the kiddies.