Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Theatre Schools in Brisbane

Theatre Schools in Brisbane

Old Jun 17th 2007, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of
Default Theatre Schools in Brisbane

To all those in Brisbane

We are moving over in August and my 16 year old daughter attends a theatre school in the UK and wants to continue this in Australia. Could anyone recommend a good one or even a good dance school that caters for older girls and has a good reputation?

Any recommendations appreciated as my daughter does not want to leave her dance school already but if I can show her or tell her of some places she may be able to go she will feel alot happier.

Thanks

Janet
Old Jun 18th 2007, 10:08 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Theatre Schools in Brisbane

Hi Janet,

I'm not in Brisbane just yet but was browsing through the schools directory and found these. Not sure if they are any use, but if you contact them they may be able to point you in the right direction.

Kelvin Grove State College - Dance

Macgregor State Hight School - Centre of Artistic Development (CAD) for students gifted in performing arts

Narangba Valley State High School - Music, Dance, Drama.

How are your plans coming along? We are still waiting to exchange contracts on our house, seems to be taking forever!

Best wishes,

Jackie x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

hi,i also would like to know how drama schools are in brisbane if anyone knows as my 9yr old is desprate to start once we get to aus. fiona x
Old Jun 18th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi Jackie

Thanks for those names. My daughter at the moment doesnt attend Stage school full time only part time all day on a Sunday so I am looking for something the same as that really. She would be interested in a good dance school if it catered for her age group.

Our plans are going OK. We have sold our house and we complete on August 6th and fly off on the 13th. Staying with my Mum for the week before we go. I have got my registration with Queensland Nursing and am just awaiting my badge and certificate. Regarding nursing jobs I have contacted a few nurse agencies who all seem positive and said that they will have community work for me to do which is hopeful. Wont be able to sort out something properly until we get there and are settled so not too worried.

When are you leaving? You are heading to Brisbane also aren't you? Where do you hope to settle? We are looking at the western suburbs and will buy a property relatively soon if we find the right one.

Good luck with all your plans.

Janet x
Old Jun 19th 2007, 8:30 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Janet,

Have a look at the Brisbanecitylife website I think that might list some part time dance schools in brisbane.

We are still waiting for the phone call to say we can exchange contracts...hoping we might hear today. We are still planning on completing at the end of July when the kids finish school and then heading down to Kent for a week to stay with my sister and then flying out around 6th August via Singapore and maybe Dubai.

I just want to get going now!

Jackie x