Theatre Bird!

Old Jan 29th 2005, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Janice Richardson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Theatre Bird!

Hi there everyone!!

Not posted for a while cos things seem to have slowed right down for us - still waiting on references.Although i got my last one yesterday so can now go ahead and book a solicitors appointment for next week to get them all certified.That will probably cost me an arm and a leg , no doubt!!
Wonder if anyone can help me out....... I have a 15 year old daughter who was well up for the move initially - in fact it was her idea !!! Now she seems to have had a change of heart and is panicking a bit and saying she doesn t want to go.
She will have finished hae GCSE's in June of this year and we are planning a 3 week trip to Oz to do a bit of a reckie.She will then start 6 th form college in September and we plan to come over for good in January 2006 if we are ready for then - only because it s in time for the new school year and not for any other reason.
My daughter has got it into her head that she won t be able to study the same subjects in Oz as she wants to do over here - she wants to do English Language and Literature, Psychology and either Business Studies or Economics.She would like to be either an English teacher or go into some sort of Criminal Psychology or Forensic work eventually.
Does anyone know of any colleges around the Bayside area of Brisbane that do these subjects because i desperately need to get her into the spirit of things.
She also does dance and drama outside of school and is convinced there won t be anything in that area for her too.I think she thinks Australia is all The Outback and nothing ever goer on there.
Can someone please put her right!
By the way - is year 11 over here really year 10 over there? They seem to be a year behind us - is that correct?
Thanks to everyone for your help
put her right!!!!!
Old Jan 29th 2005, 3:33 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Theatre Bird!

Try this link

http://education.qld.gov.au/office/h...ld-sector.html