Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thats it!...We're off!!!!......

Thats it!...We're off!!!!......

Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thats it!...We're off!!!!......

To those who may be interested, we are off!!!! ( no, not the bad smelling type of off, we're going!!! ).

Have no net access here after tomorrow, unless i sneak a peak on my dads pc, so wanted to say farewell.

We leave next thursday ( 2nd sept ), Heathrow to Cairns via HK, seems like its been a long wait, when in reality we've had it really lucky. Got the visas after 4 1/2 months, sold the house after 4 days, had no real probs so far and can't wait to get stuck in.

How things have changed on here over the past year or so, i joined when hevs and hup were on their way, pollyana was about to embark and badgersmount was promoting the pro's of 'his' australia ( no change there then! ).

Wilf and PB were on their way out and no doubt have since resurfaced with alter egos.

We've gleaned an awful lot from this site, good and bad and we can't wait to finally be there and make up our own minds once and for all.

My role call of honour is as follows:

Scutteruk - cheers matey, may all your dreams come true, you deserve it.

Grayling - thanks for the med advice early on and for the steadying influence you have over these boards! Hope you and K enjoy your retirement. x

Bix - thanks for being a fruitcake and making me laugh, the z bed is still available for you and da boss, minus the freaky outfits!

Nosuckluck - hope your adventure surpasses everything you have waited so long for, you're a beaut.

Scrawni, Natbat and leejo, hope to meet up with you in Cairns one of these days, will appreciate the local 'knowledge'!

And to Pollyana, Hevs, Hup, Larissa and Debsy ( and any other freako who I may have forgotten ) for those early days frivolous posts which kept me entertained and giggling whilst we faced the 'long wait'.

We aren't going to 'live the dream' , we're going to live our lives, we've no crystal ball, but then again, we don't need one, 'cos what will be, will be.

Cheers to all I may have omitted ( unwittingly ), good luck to 'ya and all the best.

Last edited by steandleigh; Aug 25th 2004 at 7:49 pm.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:25 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thats it!...We're off!!!!......

Originally Posted by steandleigh
We aren't going to 'live the dream' , we're going to live our lives, we've no crystal ball, but then again, we don't need one, 'cos what will be, will be.
Very wise. Best of luck! Don't forget to tell us all about it.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Very wise. Best of luck! Don't forget to tell us all about it.
Thanks for that, will let you all know how we are getting on, especially during winter when we could well be sweating our preverbials off!!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Leigh & Steve
can't believe you gave me a mention!!! bless you mate!
hope that all your dreams come true, keep in touch if only the occasional email
with love and big hugs
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxxxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:40 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

All the best Leigh, Cairns sure looks a fantastic place. Enjoy the new life & long may your air conditioner work.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nosuchluck
Leigh & Steve
can't believe you gave me a mention!!! bless you mate!
hope that all your dreams come true, keep in touch if only the occasional email
with love and big hugs
Rach, Mark and Chanelle xxxxx
*big hugs* back to 'ya, how on earth would i have done my farewell thread without mentioning one of the sweetest people on this forum?

Keep making your own luck Rach - its time to change your user name, BTW!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bordy
All the best Leigh, Cairns sure looks a fantastic place. Enjoy the new life & long may your air conditioner work.
Thanks Bordy! Them there air conditioners had better work, or else Steve will have a very sore ass from my constant booting!

Think we're gonna need 'em too!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:46 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

To those who may be interested, we are off!!!! ( no, not the bad smelling type of off, we're going!!! ).

Have no net access here after tomorrow, unless i sneak a peak on my dads pc, so wanted to say farewell.

We leave next thursday ( 2nd sept ), Heathrow to Cairns via HK, seems like its been a long wait, when in reality we've had it really lucky. Got the visas after 4 1/2 months, sold the house after 4 days, had no real probs so far and can't wait to get stuck in.

How things have changed on here over the past year or so, i joined when hevs and hup were on their way, pollyana was about to embark and badgersmount was promoting the pro's of 'his' australia ( no change there then! ).

Wilf and PB were on their way out and no doubt have since resurfaced with alter egos.

We've gleaned an awful lot from this site, good and bad and we can't wait to finally be there and make up our own minds once and for all.

Grayling - thanks for the med advice early on and for the steadying influence you have over these boards! Hope you and K enjoy your retirement. x

Bix - thanks for being a fruitcake and making me laugh, the z bed is still available for you and da boss, minus the freaky outfits!

Nosuckluck - hope your adventure surpasses everything you have waited so long for, you're a beaut.

Scrawni, Natbat and leejo, hope to meet up with you in Cairns one of these days, will appreciaite the local 'knowledge'!

And to Pollyana, Hevs, Hup, Larissa and Debsy ( and any other freako who I may have forgotten ) for those early days frivolous posts which kept me entertained and giggling whilst we faced the 'long wait'.

Cheers to all I may have omitted ( unwittingly ), good luck to 'ya and all the best.

Goodluck & Best wishes for the future
Donna x
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by madsad
Goodluck & Best wishes for the future
Donna x
Thanks Donna and good luck to you and your's too.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road

Thanks hunny,
really nice of you and i'm touched, have a safe and happy journey to your new lives down under,
with lots of love
Rach xxx
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:00 pm

Kelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond reputeKelli28 has a reputation beyond repute

good luck and keep us posted on how you get on
kerry
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Scrawni, Natbat and leejo, hope to meet up with you in Cairns one of these days, will appreciate the local 'knowledge'!

Good luck to you both! We're off 27th August (2 days AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!), done the goodbye thing, handed out our new address and now nervously waiting to check in on line (if the website ever works). It all feels slightly sureal and I probably won't believe it until I'm on Brisbane soil! Bye for now and best wishes!!!!
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:20 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Leigh

Good luck to y'all

Hope it is all you could wish for

Don't forget to let us all know how it is going.

Best wishes

G
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Grayling
Leigh

Good luck to y'all

Hope it is all you could wish for

Don't forget to let us all know how it is going.

Best wishes

G
Thanks G, ( and everyone else who's wished us well ),

will keep you posted.
Old Aug 25th 2004, 8:25 pm
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Goodluck to you both and best wishes for the future.

Julia

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.