British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   thats it! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/thats-109649/)

yvsie Jul 20th 2002 11:30 am

thats it!

Hi everyone,

Just thought I would let you know that Ive finally posted the skilled independent visa application off today.........
Posted it on austimeline.....

Now all I can do is wait!!!!

tipper Jul 20th 2002 12:16 pm

Re: thats it!

hi,Now all I can do is wait!!!! & wait!!!! & wait!!!! & wait!!!! & wait!!!!Now all you can do is wait!!!!
hope its not 13 months & still waiting.
tipper.

baldbutts Jul 20th 2002 12:35 pm

here's hoping you don't have to add another 4 "& waits" for 17 months!

MrFlibbleUK Jul 20th 2002 12:37 pm

Good for you yvsie....the next stages are (ones I have experienced):

OhmyGod did they get the form

OhmyGod are my credit card details okay

OhmyGod what if they lose it

OhmyGod did I fill the form in right

And on a regular basis, ie daily (increase this if you read the group regularly :-))

OhmyGod what if xxxxxxxx

I have also found that after only 2-3 months waiting, and I know for a fact I am not going to get anything through for a long time..., diving onto the post in the morning is becoming a worrying habit as is....
Checking emails twice a day
Checking newsgroup whenever boss not looking
Checking assorted web sites re Oz again when boss not looking.

:-)

baldbutts Jul 20th 2002 12:42 pm

Now's the time to get the t-shirts printed saying
"Rack off !If i've heard anything about Oz,I'd let you know"
It saves breath.

tipper Jul 20th 2002 12:51 pm

dont forget, shall we phone AHC yes, well i phoned last time its your turn no you phone. shall i phone the agent yes,well i phoned last time its your turn no you phone.
2 weeks later neither of us has phoned der.
tipper (PR hunter).

yvsie Jul 20th 2002 7:43 pm

Hey just to add .....

I wrote in capital letters on the back of the envelope....

NURSE APPLICANT!!!!!!!....

just so that they know and dont ignore it!!!!

newstartnz Jul 20th 2002 7:50 pm

Hi Yvonne,

I guess that means you get PRIORITY TREATMENT unlike all the ICT applicants?

Does that mean you won't have to wait 50-80 weeks like all the ICT applicants?!!!

Good luck on your SPEEDY PROCESSING, unlike I guess all the ICT applicants!

All the best Nursey

col Jul 20th 2002 9:51 pm

newstartrnz

Not to pleased about the ICT shut off then Aye! :)

MrFlibbleUK Jul 21st 2002 7:25 am

Well I guess it means that its someome elses turn to get some stick...seeing as people have been complaining about IT bods just because they happened to be on the fasttrack scheme. ;-)

yvsie Jul 21st 2002 10:48 am

Yeah but jealousy will get em nowhere!!!!!!

Besides ...I cant go until next summer anyway because of my son's and my own study committments....so that'll be about right I think...

MrFlibbleUK Jul 21st 2002 11:15 am

Im kinda looking at going in about 2-3 years anyway (need to save pennies etc etc) so not too fussed about the loooong wait (as long as they dont up points, change SOL or anything...scarey thought!).

Jaj Jul 21st 2002 12:20 pm

Fast-tracking for nurses shouldn't make an enormous difference to processing times
for everyone else, simply because there are not nearly as many applying as ICT.

ICT were 25% of the skilled program in 2000, before the fast-track came in - and
possibly a higher proportion in 2001. Therefore if you do the mathematics and assume
a 25%/75% split, a merging of the IT fast-track (say 4 months) and the non-IT
slow-track (say 12 months) should in theory result in a combined processing time of
10 months.

So things will speed up a little for non-ICT people (compared to what would otherwise
have been the case), although it will probably take a number of months for the system
to fully adjust to the merging of the two tracks once again.

Jeremy

>On 21 Jul 2002 08:20:14 GMT, MrFlibbleUK <[email protected]> wrote: Well I
    >guess it means that its someome elses turn to get some stick...seeing as people have
    >been complaining about IT bods just because they happened to be on the fasttrack
    >scheme. ;)
    >
    >
    >
    >--

Juls Jul 21st 2002 2:15 pm

Good luck Yvonne & Kevin,

Hope you'll get fast tracked soon!

At nights we can sleep alittle better, when our application first went in it was a nightmare. Waking in the middle of the night...
Did we fill in this part of the form properly, Did we fill in that part...

Until you have your acknowledgement it'll be pretty scary, then it gets a bit easier knowing that they are dealing with your application!

Lets all hope we'll be enjoying next summer in Oz, rather than having to put up with the UK's. Ps did I miss it this year or am I too eager with the summer clothes. I keep getting out and putting back!

Julie

newstartnz Jul 21st 2002 2:58 pm

Actually I was jes bein' a wee bit tongue in cheek (and genuine good luck to Yvonne, by the way) because I got a bit fed up of all the threads double checking if fast track ICT really was turned off. I thought you IT lot were meant to be binary, a stream of 1s and 0s, one meaning yes and another no? The only programming I learned myself was way back in the late 70s and as far as I remember it was something like: 'if (...) (condition satisfied), then goto (...)'. OK I guess programming got more complicated in the last 30 years but most of the later ICT posters obviously didn't bother to see the same question on a thread about 3 posts back. YES! ICT fasttrack got turned off. NO! Your application will not now be fasttracked. (But now I see: IF disappointed, then GOTO write yet another new post saying it can't be true and applications already lodged will still be fasttracked.) I counted 23 threads all checking the same ICT point!

Now get back in line!