Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

THANKYOU AND GOODNIGHT ….. (HOME TO SYDNEY ON SATURDAY AUG 25TH)

THANKYOU AND GOODNIGHT ….. (HOME TO SYDNEY ON SATURDAY AUG 25TH)

Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:47 am
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute
Default THANKYOU AND GOODNIGHT ….. (HOME TO SYDNEY ON SATURDAY AUG 25TH)

Hello everyone,

I AM GOING HOME!! (to Sydney – or rather NSW Central Coast) on Saturday.

Just wanted to add a post here on the forum to say thankyou for all the entertainment over the past few months!!

For those of you that don’t know me, I am an Australian who has been here in the UK for 3 years. I am now returning home (taking my English girlfriend with me). We fly out from Heathrow Sat evening on a BA/Qantas flight, arriving Sydney Monday 6am (direct flight, 1 re-fuelling stop). We will settle back to Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast.

I would like to leave you all with a little something …..

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqaCzsCSn90

Best of luck to all of you in your travels/adventures and if anyone wants to meet on they way over (anyone got similar flights?!). To those that have been in contact, please make sure you stay in touch and I’ll meet you for drinks on the other side!

Ifanyone has more questions about home then feel free to ask, and "I'll see you on the beach" ( I'll buy a drink for anyone who can remember what movie this was from!)

In the words of the late (and great) Peter Allen:

“NO MATTER HOW FAR OR HOW WIDE I ROAM, I STILL CALL AUSTRALIA HOME!”

Thankyou and goodnight!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:54 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THANKYOU AND GOODNIGHT ….. (HOME TO SYDNEY ON SATURDAY AUG 25TH)

Originally Posted by AndyR1976
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to add a post here on the forum to say thankyou for all the entertainment over the past few months!!

For those of you that don’t know me, I am an Australian who has been here in the UK for 3 years. I am now returning home (taking my English girlfriend with me). We fly out from Heathrow Sat evening on a BA/Qantas flight, arriving Sydney Monday 6am (direct flight, 1 re-fuelling stop). We will settle back to Terrigal on the NSW Central Coast.

Best of luck to all of you in your travels/adventures and if anyone wants to meet on they way over (anyone got similar flights?!). To those that have been in contact, please make sure you stay in touch and I’ll meet you for drinks on the other side!

Ifanyone has more questions about home then feel free to ask, and "I'll see you on the beach" ( I'll buy a drink for anyone who can remember what movie this was from!)

Thankyou and goodnight!!
Aaahhhh what a great post......loved the song

Love , luck and happiness to you both back home in Australia
Old Aug 21st 2007, 10:55 am
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Good Luck to you and your girlfriend
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

Thankyou and goodnight!!
I know exactly how you are feeling. I spent 14 years in the UK and it was a great feeling to finally come home.

Good luck and best wishes to you both.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck and safe journey
Old Aug 21st 2007, 11:58 am
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Andy,

We will be flying out 2 Septemberto validate our visa and will be staying in Wyoming with family. It will be my 5th time bit my hubby and son(21) are visiting for the first time.
My aunt phoned on sunday and said Sydney will be closed off because of President Bush and the talks. This will be going on for our first week and i don't want to go near Sydney if there is going to be rioting etc. Where do you think I could take them? I'm more bothered about keeping our son entertained.
I absolutely love Terrigal, I was there in February having Sunday breakfast at the plaza (what a treat and what a view).
Hopefully we could maybe meet up for a drink whilst we're there.

Anne
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:18 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Anne,

How are you??

Wyoming hey!?! ….not a bad part of the world!

How long are you on the coast for? I might be around for a few days but will be staying at my parents place for most of Sept (Taree, mid north coast) whilst I get sorted, get my furniture out of storage etc. but if I am around we could catch up for a drink….

I heard about the Bush thing and security in the city – not sure that it will affect much of the city but the last thing you want on your holiday is to spend it stuck in some street whilst protests are going on around you!!

Things to do …depends what you are interested in…

I could suggest Newcastle for a day out (finishing with dinner at my favourite restaurant in the entire world – ‘Scratchleys’ on the foreshore)

Hunter Valley Vineyards are only an hour from Wyoming!

Of course I would suggest a day looking at the beaches arouns Terrigal, Avoca, Forresters, the Entrance etc.

If you get some sunny, nice weather (although it is winter at the moment my mum tells me the temp has been in the mid 20’s until this week) – I would suggest a few little walks – definitely a walk to Maitland Bay or Box Head (south of Copacobana/Avoca), also, an afternoon walk to the waterfall at the bottom of Somersby Falls (Somersby near the gosfrod/F3 Freeway interchange).

If its raining then a trip to Erina Fair or Westfield Tuggerah might rid yourself of a few hours (and lots of cash)

I would suggest trying to get to Sydney for at least a few days – even if you have to avoid trouble areas. As an option I would suggest driving to Manly and getting the ferry to Circular Quay – a nice ferry trip, a look around Manly (nice area) and it would also mean you would avoid trains/traffic etc into the city so if there are any delays as a result of street closures/protests then you can just get back on the ferryu top head home!

I honestly can’t wait to get home though!!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:21 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Just in time for spring too! Best of luck to you and the missus.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:22 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Also, what about a trip to small places nearby like Pearl Beach?

for a 21 year old - I would suggest coming along with me...

I am 30 and know lots of people on the central coast ..... include a few of the fairer sex that I'm sure any 21 year old would be partial to.....

Not that I am trying to corrupt your son or anything.........

My girlfriend (she is 25) is a former model and we have some female friends with similar 'features' .... I am sure a few of our female friends from the coast would like the accent of a young englishman!!
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:30 pm
Up Around the Bend

penky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond reputepenky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Andy

Have a good flight and have a great time when you get back home
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:32 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Andy,
I have kinda been to most of the places with my sister over the last 4 years apart from MANLY. I will definately have to go back and revisit them again apart from the shopping centres as my hubby won't be impressed with them lol.
We are only visiting for 3 weeks and are just waiting to sell the house for our permanent move. We will be looking at the surrounding areas for a place to live. Last time I was there I went to a couple of open houses and also looked at new builds. I love my aunts house but I don't think Wyoming is the place for us. I liked Greenpoint but prefer Terrrigal but not sure wether we could afford the house prices around there.
Anyway I'm sure we will find loads to do and time passes so quickly when your there.
I'm sure we will meet up if not this time maybe the next. Thanks for all the info. Have a safe flight and I hope it passes quickly.
Anne
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

Wishing you the best of luck with your move
Old Aug 21st 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to beholdVin 'n Bin is a splendid one to behold

Welcome home Andy and girlfriend (when you get here) The vid was just beautiful and always makes me realise just how much I love Australia. Have a wonderful journey .....Bindi.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Rach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really niceRach & Den is just really nice

You owe me a pint. It's from Saving Private Ryan, and all I can say is I hope the beaches are a damn sight better than what those guys faced.

If I ever get over to Sydney, I'll come and collect it.

All the best to you both.

Denis.
Old Aug 21st 2007, 3:13 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

Originally Posted by Rach & Den
You owe me a pint. It's from Saving Private Ryan, and all I can say is I hope the beaches are a damn sight better than what those guys faced.

If I ever get over to Sydney, I'll come and collect it.

All the best to you both.

Denis.
Oh my God - I never thought anyone would remember him saying it!

I say it all the time - when I am going to the beach (back home) and we are meeting people there, or if you are out surfing and you are heading back to shore you always say "I'LL SEE YOU ON THE BEACH" in that macho, army -type deep voice!!

I will defo buy you a SCHOONER (not a pint) next time your on the NSW central coast -make sure you look me up!!!

A