Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thankyou Australia for deeming me good enough to be a spark

Thankyou Australia for deeming me good enough to be a spark

Old Aug 7th 2003, 9:28 am
huge,throbbing member

baldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nicebaldbutts is just really nice
Default Thankyou Australia for deeming me good enough to be a spark

Took the practical exam for my electrical licence Monday,found out today I've passed,so now I can be a bone fide spark here(Bird on the phone kept me waiting for 5 minutes-thought my heart was gonna explode)providing, of course,I part with $250 for it,on top of the $140 for the exams-bargain.It's taken 12 weeks from first applying,where I had to be assessed with a board meeting,despite the TRA being paid to do this for my migration application.Thank God for the generosity of Centrelink.
Suppose now I should start looking for work.But being South of the River,there's nothing down here.
Yeah,Right !!.Already been offered a start on Garden Island off Rockingham,but not sure if I'd feel safe with all the seamen around.So anyone put off living down here shouldn't be-plenty of construction work for anyone with a trade..I'm not knocking the North,in fact I'm still indecisive whether to go back up for a bit,but you can only live in one place at a time.
Any one want advice on the Licensing stuff let me know-I'll do me best,but must admit I did get some help from one or 2 others,including Neil,Loulou's hubby-thanks mate.
Right on the P*** tonight-nothings changed then.

BB-Hi Ho,Hi Ho it's off to work I go (discount for cash of course-and I can't do every other Wednesday-signing on then)
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Let me be the first to congratulate you.

I bet you can't wait to start work - look out the locals Baldbutts is on the loose- with electricity!!

Seriously how are you finding it out there? Have you managed to settle in a bit or does it still feel like you are on holiday?
Old Aug 7th 2003, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

And i will be the second. I will ring you later well done! I did get the text but I am not good with those things so dont really know haw to reply.
Paula
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:32 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

well done baldie!!!!!!

we're arriving in perth 7th october..look forward to meeting up for a bevvie or three!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

well done BB
got your text, no more loose ends now, if you know what I mean!!! good luck finding work, see you next week if your free

yve
Old Aug 7th 2003, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

Gareth W is on a distinguished road

Bit of cash in hand alright ?
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Well done Baldbutts, i guess the holidays over then!! Is there now an increased risk of power cuts SOR!!

Lynn
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Well done Balbutts no excuse not to work now.

footie chick
Old Aug 8th 2003, 1:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

I've just had a sparky do some work for me, I would have waited if I'd known!! With all the new houses going up around here, you'll never be short of work.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 5:46 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thankyou Australia for deeming me good enough to be a spark

Well done Mark,
Don't forget if you need a hand with those mattresses give us a shout
Old Aug 8th 2003, 9:17 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Thankyou Australia for deeming me good enough to be a spark

Originally posted by baldbutts
Any one want advice on the Licensing stuff let me know-I'll do me best,but must admit I did get some help from one or 2 others,including Neil,Loulou's hubby-thanks mate.
All the answers would be a start!

Steve.
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:32 pm
les
Forum Regular

les is an unknown quantity at this point
Default That's nothin

I'm in North Queensland , after the initial bullshit wait I got an electrical trainees certificate, yep thats right I had to work for 6 months as an Electrical trainee yep 5 years primary education, 5 years secondary education, a 5 year apprenticeship and17 years experience and I had to do 6 months as a trainee.
so i flew to perth took their exam passed and then changed it to a Qld licence
funny thing though Aussie sparks are slow and rough they are working to less than the 14th edition back home and they have the bare faced cheek to test english migrants it should be us testing them!

BUT I'M NOT PISSED OFF, sod em I'm here now

good luck finding work and watch out they will try to underpay you because you havn't got Australian experience!
Old Aug 8th 2003, 10:41 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

well done good luck in finding a new job

ive pm'ed you for some advice

you could always post a sparkies guide on how to get a A grade licence in PERTH i know alot of sparkies would be gratefull

bussie

Last edited by bussie; Aug 8th 2003 at 10:46 pm.
Old Aug 13th 2003, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

please please please

i need your wise info on electrical exams in Perth
Old Aug 13th 2003, 10:18 pm
Forum Regular

Graham & Kath is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical info

Hiya there same goes for me too any info greatly received!!!

P.S. Bussie not far from you 15 min down road in sunny Gillingham!!

Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.