Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thank you for teaching me about what it means to be Australian

It seems to me when reading this forum that the general consensus is that:

1. Complaining by UK residents is acceptable

2. Complaining by Australians is not acceptable

2. Any negative comments made about Australia by the English/British is true

3. Any positive comments made by the English/British about Australia is wrong and involves in a lot of cases the wearing of "rose tinted glasses".

4. It is fine for the English/British to make degrading comments about the Australians because that is just insightful.

5. The Australians are not allowed to make derogative comments about the English because if they do they are narrow minded and in a lot of cases just plain competitive (heaven forbid).

Thank you for finally opening my eyes. I am glad to know that the English/British (as represented by those on this forum) are such an open minded, fair and insightful bunch of people.

I have also learnt a lot about being Australian. I hang my head in shame!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:16 am
WBB

to be honest i use this forum for research and for help with our quest to get to oz i dont slag anyone off and dont complain about anyone or anything.

what was the point of your post ?

btw i am welsh not english.

Old Sep 16th 2003, 10:28 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thank you for teaching me about what it means to be Australian

Originally posted by MeganEkno
It seems to me when reading this forum that the general consensus is that:

3. Any positive comments made by the English/British about Australia is wrong and involves in a lot of cases the wearing of "rose tinted glasses".

4. It is fine for the English/British to make degrading comments about the Australians because that is just insightful.

5. The Australians are not allowed to make derogative comments about the English because if they do they are narrow minded and in a lot of cases just plain competitive (heaven forbid).

Thank you for finally opening my eyes. I am glad to know that the English/British (as represented by those on this forum) are such an open minded, fair and insightful bunch of people.

I have also learnt a lot about being Australian. I hang my head in shame!
Sounds like your head is echoing with too many voices. What do you expect from a people inured to a throng?

I've been through the desert on a horse with no name
It felt good to be out of the rain
In the desert you can remember your name
'Cause there ain't no one for to give you no pain
Horse With No Name

Last edited by Megalania; Sep 16th 2003 at 10:55 am.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 11:49 am
Badge

you'd be about right then!!

badgers

Old Sep 16th 2003, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by badgersmount
you'd be about right then!!

badgers

Indeed! I have been taught well
Old Sep 16th 2003, 1:57 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

blah blah
No what I think this forum shows is human nature. There is debate sometimes heated, people do have misconceptions and some people can be misleading. Its up to you to sort it out and make your own decision.

But hey if you don't like it then you arn't being forced to come on here. Now please don't interpret that as me saying leave, its just that we all have choices in what we do say and believe.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by HUP
No what I think this forum shows is human nature. There is debate sometimes heated, people do have misconceptions and some people can be misleading. Its up to you to sort it out and make your own decision.

But hey if you don't like it then you arn't being forced to come on here. Now please don't interpret that as me saying leave, its just that we all have choices in what we do say and believe.

Well said! I didn't say I didn't like it - I too find it interesting.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Megan
Like HUP says, this forum shows human nature. If it was a forum for expat Aussies, I'm sure they'd have a few things to say about Pommies and the UK. No-ones perfect... I for one am really looking forward to going to Aus and have nothing but respect for the Aussies I've met so far.
Larissa
Old Sep 16th 2003, 5:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

ozzies! i love 'em, wouldn't be going there if i didn't. Lets face it, i aint going to France am I?
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

All of what you say is true, but it doesn't mean that the forum doesn't continue to be a source of support , information and hilarity to those of us that use it. I'm a forum user and proud of it!!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:47 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a forum addict and proud of it
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Revise my post : I am a forum addict and proud of it!

god - it's SO much easier to admit it when someone goes before you!!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 8:22 pm
High in the Dandenongs

Originally posted by steandleigh
Revise my post : I am a forum addict and proud of it!

god - it's SO much easier to admit it when someone goes before you!!!
i am so proud that i helped you deal with your admission to addiction. It is the first step to a full recovery. When you find the rest, let us know
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by steandleigh
All of what you say is true, but it doesn't mean that the forum doesn't continue to be a source of support , information and hilarity to those of us that use it. I'm a forum user and proud of it!!!

Ditto to that!
Old Sep 17th 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Larissa
Hi Megan
Like HUP says, this forum shows human nature. If it was a forum for expat Aussies, I'm sure they'd have a few things to say about Pommies and the UK. No-ones perfect... I for one am really looking forward to going to Aus and have nothing but respect for the Aussies I've met so far.
Larissa

Thanks Larissa.

I think you'll find they have very little to say about the Poms and in fact it makes for a very boring site (the one I know about anyway) - hence why I choose to come on this one!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.