Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thank you for the rain

Thank you for the rain

Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:32 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of
Default Thank you for the rain

It's just started to rain here in Perth and thank goodness! It must be at least 3-4 months since we last had any, can anyone here remember when it last poured down?. It is only drizzling at the moment but I'am hoping for a right good soaking!

Funny leaving the UK and then wishing for rain here!! lol
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:39 am
owieb

Default Re: Thank you for the rain

Originally posted by janeyray
It's just started to rain here in Perth and thank goodness! It must be at least 3-4 months since we last had any, can anyone here remember when it last poured down?. It is only drizzling at the moment but I'am hoping for a right good soaking!

Well I know it rained on the 17th December, so it's only been a couple of months, certainly hasn't rained this year though.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:43 am
Merlot

Default Spitting

Lucky you, very hot still on NSW Central Coast and a couple of spits of rain.

No thunder but cat under sink!?!

I want to feel cool again! I hate note being able to sleep!!!

Merlot

Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:45 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spitting

Originally posted by Merlot
Lucky you, very hot still on NSW Central Coast and a couple of spits of rain.

No thunder but cat under sink!?!

I want to feel cool again! I hate note being able to sleep!!!

Merlot
It is horrible in Sydney as well. Just hot, humid, and cloudy. Just had some rain but no relief.
Old Feb 9th 2004, 8:49 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by owieb
Well I know it rained on the 17th December, so it's only been a couple of months, certainly hasn't rained this year though.
It's seems to have stopped already, but the sky looks full of it?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:15 am
Merlot

Default WIND!!

Just getting the smallest of breezes through the window, still don't reckon on much kip though!

I'll be knackered tomorrow and it is going to be 38 degrees by Wednesday - .

Merlot

Old Feb 9th 2004, 9:18 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by Merlot
Just getting the smallest of breezes through the window, still don't reckon on much kip though!

I'll be knackered tomorrow and it is going to be 38 degrees by Wednesday - .

Merlot
And they say it's too hot in QLD !!
About 30C today, and the same tomorrow. Nice cool evening outside, although warmer in the house, but not enough to put the air con on.

Old Feb 9th 2004, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

I cant recall rain in hillarys in december , in november we had a bit didnt we ?
Old Feb 9th 2004, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud ofMummy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by janeyray

Been raining every day in Derby (UK not WA!) for last week Be nice to be warm.

Mummy
Old Feb 10th 2004, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

Well, we seemed to have had quite a bit last night - still little puddles on the ground this morning. As usual the area was in chaos with power cuts and traffic almost at a standstill.

Good for the garden though
Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:38 am
Merlot

Red face Bloody Stinker!

40 degrees just outside our office! Not a happy bunny!

Scared to predict the humidity!

2.45 pm, Gosford, NSW Central Coast.

Old Feb 10th 2004, 2:44 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

isnt it funny how in the uk or anywhere when its raining you can go out - wrap up and take an umbrella and head out! at 40 degrees which we get in melbourne (although this summer has been pretty cool) you cant go out and do anything! ironic!