Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thank you and Goodbye.

Thank you and Goodbye.

Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:17 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road
Default Thank you and Goodbye.

Well I am off, no longer just for a quick house hunting trip but zippo gone out of here I NEVER EVER HAVE to do that trip again.

After telling husbands siblings I was off to buy a UK house they suddenly stopped talking about buying our business and came up with a contract, a short contract.

All that is left is the sale of our beautiful house and rainforest, it will be going to tender, (highest bidder) I am thankful I wont be here to see it sold. Too sad.

Husband and accountant are totally capable of finishing up all the loose ends, I am off.

Bit drastic but we lived here for work, with that gone I see no reason to stay another second.

If I stayed for another month it would just be too sad, goodbyes, friends getting upset its over and I think its better to just go.

Thank you to everyone on here for putting a huge smile on my face most days I cannot tell you how many mundane moments were saved by a thread that had my sides splitting.
I hope I offered a bit of useful advice along the way.

I will post an update but not after 2 weeks, I dont want anyone thinking I have gone all rose speccy eyed. One day when I can tell you honestly what life in the UK is like.

Take care, laugh heaps and remember all that really matters is your health and the people you love

Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:22 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

All the best Dotty, Ive enjoyed your posts very much.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:38 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Dots, I hope the UK doesn't disappoint!

Thanks for all your kindness and take care.

Jane
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! That went fast all of a sudden! You must be thrilled!!

Well, lots of luck, I think you've given a lot of useful information and help on this forum, even though at times I didn't always agree on some of your generalisations on Oz.
But if we all agreed, it would be pretty boring, and there are lots of variables that form opinions...

I think you've done great service in helping take rose tinted specs of, giving people a more realistic view, and we know that has helped a lot of people (like Donna and Chris)

Well, have fun, and keep posting a bit, cos I'm sure you can still help people off to QLD, even if you are already back in the UK!

Simone
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:50 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Re: Thank you and Goodbye.

Dotty,

All the very best for your 'new' life in the UK & I hope it all goes well for you & your family....

Next phase of the adventure begins *here*, eh....?!

Good luck,
Anya.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:54 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

All the best Dotty
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:57 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Much enjoyed your posts, Dottmeister. Hope you get a good price for the remaining property, the AUD looks likely to take another surge of 5-10% against the GBP and a few more currencies incl the dollar in the next few months so your timing might be great.

Have a good trip (I wondered what all that Emirates smoking was about...!)
Old Apr 13th 2004, 7:57 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Less starry eyed media victim immos turned sour by time and distance from family - Ta - if it were the fact - but i doubt.

A roll in a bargin bin of M&S undies for old time sake?

Toodle Pip & Cheery Bye. Over and Out.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dibrucewillis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thank you and Goodbye.

All the best Dotty and I should say a very warm welcome back to the UK

Di
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

All the best Dotty and we really hope all goes well for you on your return to the UK, good luck and take care
Joanne and family xx
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:19 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Megalania
Less starry eyed media victim immos turned sour by time and distance from family - Ta - if it were the fact - but i doubt.
Nah, but maybe people have at least a less 'Oz is perfect' idea. They'll still come, but they MIGHT have a less of a shock that it isn't 'perfect' and therefore have a bigger chance of making it work, or will have less of a problem when returning because they've not burned their bridges.
Ah, one can hope......

Last edited by Simone; Apr 13th 2004 at 8:21 am.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Best wishes Dotty & much thanks for all your wisdom and Oz perspectives. Make sure you still pop in from time to time.
Old Apr 13th 2004, 8:50 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck Dotty.
I will miss your posts, I agree that your realistic outlook contributes to more realistic expectations, and we are grateful for that now we're here.
I hope you settle well back 'home',
Take care and let us know how it goes,
Michaela
Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:01 am
Badge

And the only thing left to do in Australia for me was to come around and clean your pool.

Oh well, you can't have it all.

Take care, stay switched on, good luck. I don't think you will need it.

BM

Old Apr 13th 2004, 9:05 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by badgersmount
And the only thing left to do in Australia for me was to come around and clean your pool.

Oh well, you can't have it all.

Take care, stay switched on, good luck. I don't think you will need it.

BM

What will the sunshine coast pool cleaning industry do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.