Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thank you DIMIA!

Thank you DIMIA!

Old Sep 9th 2005, 9:18 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Thank you DIMIA!

My case has taken forever and when it seemed like it was comming to an end, my AoS messed about for 6 months, and dropped out!

This meant that my family in Perth had to try and find me another AoS ASAP. My AoS came in the form of my brother's best friend. Who put up the 3.5k bond money himself. I'd just like to big him up for that kind act.

Also i received an e-mail from my case officer (through my agent) asking if i wanted my deadline for validation to be extended 3 months. I didn't ask for this, and thought this was very thoughtful of DIMIA. My validation date deadline was Nov 29th so i was panicing a bit, but is now Feb 29th 06

still don't have my visa yet, but still over the moon

Thank you DIMIA!!!!

Last edited by leedslad; Sep 9th 2005 at 10:46 am.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:29 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Thank you DIMIA!

Originally Posted by leedslad
My case has taken forever and when it seemed like it was comming to an end, my AoS messed about for 6 months, and dropped out!

This meant that my family in Perth had to try and find me another AoS ASAP. My AoS came in the form of my brother's best friend. Who put up the 3.5k bond money himself. I'd just like to big him up for that amazingly kind act.

Also i received an e-mail from my case officer (through my agent) asking if i wanted my deadline for validation to be extended 3 months. I didn't ask for this, and thought this was very thoughtful of DIMIA. My validation date deadline was Nov 29th so i was panicing a bit, but is now Feb 29th 06

still don't have my visa yet, but still over the moon

Thank you DIMIA!!!!
DIMIA gets a hard press but when you think about it most "officiadom" does.
No, it is not warranted half the time but that's life.
Good of you to point it out.

As for the sponsor.....PHEW !

Good luck mate.
Old Sep 9th 2005, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

leedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant futureleedslad has a brilliant future
Default Re: Thank you DIMIA!

Originally Posted by Bix
DIMIA gets a hard press but when you think about it most "officiadom" does.
No, it is not warranted half the time but that's life.
Good of you to point it out.

As for the sponsor.....PHEW !

Good luck mate.
Thanks Bix

Yea you're right about DIMIA.
I've had nothing but good service from them.
My agent is another story....... :scared: