Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thank you Ceri!!!!

Thank you Ceri!!!!

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:00 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thank you Ceri!!!!

On Ceri's suggestion, a scouring of the shelves in BiLo has taken place.......and produced JAFFA CAKES!!!!!!!! The Bloke is in despair, we now have a cupboard full of them!!!
About $3 a packet, very slightly smaller than the UK version, but almost indistinguishable.
They also do......"Made in the UK" Whole Wheat Biscuits....yep, Weetabix! And PG Tips, and Colman's English Mustard.
Try the International food section, they are all perched incongruously among the curry powders!

I take it all back, I love BiLo

Polly

A happy Jaffa Cake eating Bunny!!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Thank you Ceri!!!!

Originally posted by Pollyana
On Ceri's suggestion, a scouring of the shelves in BiLo has taken place.......and produced JAFFA CAKES!!!!!!!! The Bloke is in despair, we now have a cupboard full of them!!!
About $3 a packet, very slightly smaller than the UK version, but almost indistinguishable.
They also do......"Made in the UK" Whole Wheat Biscuits....yep, Weetabix! And PG Tips, and Colman's English Mustard.
Try the International food section, they are all perched incongruously among the curry powders!

I take it all back, I love BiLo

Polly

Maybe if you put beetroot on them he might try them.:scared:
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:20 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by bondipom
Maybe if you put beetroot on them he might try them.:scared:
ROFL. I've spent my entire Australian life fighting takeaway joints who insist upon putting that purple crap on my burgers.

And my dear late mother insisted on adding it to my salads as well.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:31 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ulujain, I know just how you feel - everything here seems to have the nasty stuff in it, and MIL dishes it up whenever we go there, feel I have to eat it to be polite.
I will not be allowing the nasty stuff anywhere NEAR my Jaffa Cakes
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:41 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Not there yet, but now a lot happier in the knowledge that those stressful moments in Oz there is a jaffa cake or two (boxes), to bring calm and a yummy taste
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:09 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Ulujain
ROFL. I've spent my entire Australian life fighting takeaway joints who insist upon putting that purple crap on my burgers.

Hear Hear!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:10 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Hear Hear!
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:16 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

mmmmmmmm.......beetroot...
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:22 pm
Home and Happy

Originally posted by artep
mmmmmmmm.......beetroot...
yeuch! The Bloke loves the stuff so much our fridge is stained purple! Well, he can have his beetroot if he keeps his mitts off my Jaffa Cakes
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

See Polly, things are looking up for you a bit now, but how you can eat those Jaffa cakes, I don't know. Give me a Mcvities Digestive (coles) any day!!!

Whisky
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 9:49 pm
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

Jaffa Cakes.....how do YOU eat yours?

I have to bite the chocolate and yummy orangey bit off first....then finish off with the lovely spongy bit....mmmmmm

I'm the same with cadbury mini-rolls....I have to eat all the chocolate on the outside first, then the edges....then I unwrap it...eat the creamy/jammy filling then eat the spongy bit.

Old Jul 22nd 2004, 10:36 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

They also do......"Made in the UK" Whole Wheat Biscuits....yep, Weetabix!
It's the only cereal I allow my name to be used on.
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 11:33 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

They also do......"Made in the UK" Whole Wheat Biscuits....yep, Weetabix!
Do you mean REAL Weetabix? Not these Aussie version, large flakes, taste like floor sweepings 'Weet-Bix'? (Ugh!)

I'm talking about the ones that turn into complete slop when they get soaked in milk. Look like baby poo and taste divine. Those Weetabix?
Old Jul 22nd 2004, 11:57 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

it is scary where they turn up. Many a good burger ruined by them and pineapple.
Old Jul 23rd 2004, 12:07 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Beetroot Soup

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.