Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Thank you bcworld

View Poll Results: Do you want to thank bcworld for helping you?
I have flown business at least once - thank you
26.19%
I have flown first at least once - thank you
19.05%
I am buying points to fly in the future - thank you
26.19%
I plan to join up soon - thank you
21.43%
No use to me, but thank you anyway!
28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Thank you bcworld

Old Jun 3rd 2013, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice
Default Re: Thank you bcworld

Thank you BC it was only with your help and information , that made it possible for people like us to get these deals thanks again
Old Jun 3rd 2013, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

Lisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to allLisa and Martin is a name known to all

Love that man! If only I knew what he looked like.... I aspire to throw myself at his feet in grovelling thanks in a business lounge somewhere around the world. This deal (and all BC's help in explaining it) has made it a realistic possibility for my Mum to meet her grandchildren. Would never have dared to try the trip on my own in economy.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Kenji.1 will become famous soon enough

A big "thank you" from me I have now used this incredible service 6 times and really am eternally grateful. I have progressed from simple A to B flights to much more ambitious itineries involving open jaw and stopovers all with great success.
I have not posted for sometime as I now have a reasonable grasp on things, however I feel that the need may well arise again when I start grappling with Lifemiles and it is great to know that there is good prompt advice at hand.
Everytime I settle down in a new B.C.lounge I have a look around and wonder if there are any more 'club' members there. If you are ever in Perth I would consider it an honour to buy you a few jars of your favourite tipple
By the way I didn't know that we could fly to the East coast of America via Europe, now that is interesting!! I feel a holiday coming on - Yeah!!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 8:12 am
DML
Forum Regular

DML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond reputeDML has a reputation beyond repute

I must sit down and go through that thread so I understand how it all works!
Old Jun 4th 2013, 12:33 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I confess to having a brief read of the first pages of BC's thread, and thinking that I'd probably stuff it up if I tried something like this. My Liverpool lad and I do fly into Manchester once a year in business class and I know that I could do so much better on the prices I get for flights if I could only get my confidence up a bit. Having said all of that, I think the help BC has given to so many people is fantastic - people like him are the soul of forums.
Old Jun 4th 2013, 5:07 pm
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld View Post
Thanks for all the kind words!

I think it's great so many people have done the miles thing...I would've appreciated a few more offers of commission/beer/miles donations but never mind!

Yes Swervo, the deal is alive and well...$A is starting to pinch it a little but the UK cost is probably still around $2,800 as per the thread title (the miles were cheaper then but $A was weaker). Availability is still fine.
But the current extra miles closed on May31st. Lets hope they do one more before the merger is confirmed and in action, then things may change.
Old Jun 5th 2013, 1:42 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
I confess to having a brief read of the first pages of BC's thread, and thinking that I'd probably stuff it up if I tried something like this. My Liverpool lad and I do fly into Manchester once a year in business class and I know that I could do so much better on the prices I get for flights if I could only get my confidence up a bit. Having said all of that, I think the help BC has given to so many people is fantastic - people like him are the soul of forums.
I felt the same way when we first tried it: "Surely this is too good to be true, something must go wrong somewhere". But it was too good an offer to pass up, so we joined up and bought points - 120,000 each for business to start with, which we used for flights to and from Heathrow in 2011. It all worked so well (some minor hiccups with bookings that were easily sorted out) that as soon as we returned from that holiday we started buying points for the next trip, which was this year and first class this time - again with no major problems.

Only trouble is that it spoils you - not sure we could even go back to business in the future, let alone cattle class!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 8:33 am
Just Joined

Kenji.1 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
We all felt the same when we sarted out so don't feel lonely. It really does work. Read and re-read the whole blog, join all the clubs (free) and do a couple of practise runs. From Perth you practically have to fly Thai but that's no disadvantage, they're good. They don't go to Manchester though so you need to change to Swiss air or similar, we usually go via Zurich or Brussels neither of which is much of an airport. If you are concerned the 1st time keep it simple and just go PER-BKK-LHR and get the train up to the Pool.
The great thing about this is that there is always someone to ask for help and B.C. is always on the ball - just great! Believe Lady!!!!
Old Jun 5th 2013, 12:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kenji.1 View Post
We all felt the same when we sarted out so don't feel lonely. It really does work. Read and re-read the whole blog, join all the clubs (free) and do a couple of practise runs. From Perth you practically have to fly Thai but that's no disadvantage, they're good. They don't go to Manchester though so you need to change to Swiss air or similar, we usually go via Zurich or Brussels neither of which is much of an airport. If you are concerned the 1st time keep it simple and just go PER-BKK-LHR and get the train up to the Pool.
The great thing about this is that there is always someone to ask for help and B.C. is always on the ball - just great! Believe Lady!!!!
Thanks KJ and Kenji, some great encouragement and advice there

I've signed my husband and myself up to the US Airways dividend miles program, I realise that the impending merger with AA may mean I've left my run too late but it costs nothing to try. Thanks to your encouragement, if a good miles offer comes up we'll take the plunge. Cheers again to you both.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

SUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to beholdSUPERCAD is a splendid one to behold

thanks for the heads up this is a great way to travel
Old Jun 8th 2013, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Koolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the roughKoolcat is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: Thank you bcworld

Huge huge thanks to bcworld
Travelling out of cattle class has reduced travel stress and anxiety immensly!!
We are ruined!!!

Sending buckets & buckets of karma your way.

Koolcat
Old Jun 9th 2013, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

keefymonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks bcworld you da man!

You have opened up a whole new world of travel for my wife and me.
I hope this gig never ends because traveling cattle class again isn't something to look forward to.

Keef ;o)