Reload this Page >

Thai's in australia

Thai's in australia

Old Oct 23rd 2005, 6:15 am
Just Joined

andyh13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thai's in australia

hi everyone,
i am hoping to gleen alittle info from you learnered souls, my wife is thai and i would love to hear from anyone who has thai connections in australia. anyone who has a thai wife, for example as i do. i am sure that thai people travel well and that australia is a place hard not to enjoy living in.

It would be nice though to hear about how other thai people have settled, how they have found the foods they enjoy and if they have met many other thai's that they have been able to share their culture with.

mostly my wife enjoys playing golf which is something she has in common with many australians but she loves to cook thai food and I am hoping that she will be able to meet other thai woman in australia.

we both want our children(as yet we have none), raised and educated in australia and not london, we are leaving the uk in 2006.

many thanks
andy
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:06 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Thai's in australia

Hi

I dont personally know many Thai people here, but i am certain your wife will find theres a huge Thai community.
I have found Australia to be a very big melting pot of different races, cultures and religion, more so in the cities obviously.
I am sure she'll have no problems integrating.
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:11 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andyh13
hi everyone,
i am hoping to gleen alittle info from you learnered souls, my wife is thai and i would love to hear from anyone who has thai connections in australia. anyone who has a thai wife, for example as i do. i am sure that thai people travel well and that australia is a place hard not to enjoy living in.

It would be nice though to hear about how other thai people have settled, how they have found the foods they enjoy and if they have met many other thai's that they have been able to share their culture with.

mostly my wife enjoys playing golf which is something she has in common with many australians but she loves to cook thai food and I am hoping that she will be able to meet other thai woman in australia.

we both want our children(as yet we have none), raised and educated in australia and not london, we are leaving the uk in 2006.

many thanks
andy
She'll be rite mate !

Never forget drivin thru finsbury on many occasions on early sat mornins goin to work and seeing droves of Jewish fellas goin to the synagogue lol

Its sweet here, lots of Thai restaurants, and food markets

Steve
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 9:24 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

I live in Melbourne and although I don't know any Thai adults in my area (Beaumaris) we have lots of friends who have adopted Thai children. They have a network of families in the same adopted situation and I know that from their point of view they would love to be able to have someone from a Thai background as they are all very strong on letting the children know where they came from and to learn about their background and culture.

I don't know what you where getting at in the thread but it is a lovely multi-cultural area (if this is what you are concerned about??) and you would be very happy with the ease of shopping for familiar food and amount of Thai restaurants in the area.

Good luck I think you would be very happy in Australia, incidentally one of our very good friends with 2 adopted Thai children is 1 year through a 2 year contract in London and they are so unhappy there. They are counting the months that they will be back home (they are both from the UK orig). Their children have been subjected to bullying in the Uk that they have never had before in Oz.

Louise
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 10:09 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Andy,

Can't speak for the rest of Aus but Cairns is a real mix of cultures.

Recently there was a Cairns festival where all the cultures participated.

To name a just a few there were Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and even Albanian. There is obviously a section of the community here that are Thai.

Yes, we also have a number of Thai restuarants.

She would feel at home here.......hell, they even welcome Cornishmen !
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

andyh13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Hi Andy,

Can't speak for the rest of Aus but Cairns is a real mix of cultures.

Recently there was a Cairns festival where all the cultures participated.

To name a just a few there were Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and even Albanian. There is obviously a section of the community here that are Thai.

Yes, we also have a number of Thai restuarants.

She would feel at home here.......hell, they even welcome Cornishmen !
hi,
thanks for taking the time to reply. it's nice for me too hear encouraging things about culture festivals. i was in cairns last year over on fitzroy island. while i was there i spoke to an Australian guy who was so sure that my wife would love Australia, as they were such a multi cultural society.

my wife is more worried about being eaten by a croc or shark then anything else but i would like for her to be able to meet other Thai people.

all the best
Andy