thai wife

Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:07 pm
Just Joined

andyh13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question thai wife

at the time of receiving my pr visa i was unmarried, infact when i applied i had not met my then future wife. since i have completed my initial entry i have married and hope we will have no problem with my wife joining me in australia.

while i was in sydney and my wife and i were unmarried i went to the immigration and they told me i would be able to sponser her in as a temp res and after a period she would be able to get a perm res. no we are married would this still remain the same or would her status have changed??

anyone who has experienced something of this nature and who could give advise would be appreciated.....
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice
Default Re: thai wife

Originally Posted by andyh13
at the time of receiving my pr visa i was unmarried, infact when i applied i had not met my then future wife. since i have completed my initial entry i have married and hope we will have no problem with my wife joining me in australia.

while i was in sydney and my wife and i were unmarried i went to the immigration and they told me i would be able to sponser her in as a temp res and after a period she would be able to get a perm res. no we are married would this still remain the same or would her status have changed??

anyone who has experienced something of this nature and who could give advise would be appreciated.....
Hi

I believe for a spouse to get PR straight away you need to have been together for 5 years (or two with children, this is what my husband and I applied for, although being I am Australian it may be different)

One you get temp (and i am prepared to be corrected) after two years in Aus you can apply for permanent residence.

At least I think this is right
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

One you get temp (and i am prepared to be corrected) after two years in Aus you can apply for permanent residence.

Yep, this is right. I did the same thing, got temp residency through my husband (we are both british) then after 2 years became a PR
Old Oct 23rd 2005, 5:58 am
Just Joined

andyh13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
Hi

I believe for a spouse to get PR straight away you need to have been together for 5 years (or two with children, this is what my husband and I applied for, although being I am Australian it may be different)

At least I think this is right
hi, thanks for your response, i am happy to hear that this issue is easliy rectified, my wife and i want our children to be born and raised in australia, we have none at the moment and are waiting till we arrive before we start a family. the uk is looking less and less like the place i went to school. i would not think i was doing my children any favours if i sent them to a school in london, their education would be over shadowed with the fear of violence and poor teaching, mostly due to the teacher having to many children to teach and not enough power in the classroom.