Text messages ?

Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:07 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Question Text messages ?

Sorry I have another daft question
I was wondering will I be able to text message friends in the UK from New Zealand on my mobile phone when we get over there. It is so convenient to do here in the uk and would be great if I could keep friends updated in the same way from NZ.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

CHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud ofCHnJ has much to be proud of

I have an expat buddy who sends texts to the UK from NZ ... it's cheap too.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:35 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

With virgin mobile it costs 20c to text non Virgin Mobile phones. That includes international texts. It costs 10c to text Aussie Virgin Mobile users.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Coventry is an unknown quantity at this point

hi yes is the answer, my hubby went over to nz in september and took his uk phone. he purchased a sim card and adapter for his charger and texts me about 8 or so times a day. it only costs him a few cents to text.

it has been a great way of keeping in touch as he had no internet for a few weeks and as i have teenagers here they also appreciate the odd text from dad.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:23 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly works from OZ, so I'm sure it does from NZ...... think the record for me and the Bloke was 45 in one day.......(both of us being at work, couldn't phone......!)
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Blimey Polly I bet you have saved yourselves a fortune now!!!:scared:
Debs
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:26 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Thats great news it has cheered me up no end to know I can stay in touch with everyone that way Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2003, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

warwick road is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone know how much and wether you can send picture messages ie photos??

im sure my pals will be made up to get pics of me lagging at 10pm on a friday night (= 2pm in the uk) while there at work!!

:scared:
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Woodcroft, 25 kms south of Adelaide South Australia
wizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the roughwizzywozza is a jewel in the rough

Just remember to get the international call and text message enabled first.

My fiance phones and texts me every day from the UK on his mobile, it's not that expensive.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 12:39 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Its brilliant isn't it Wizzywozza? We got into a lovely habit of being able to say good morning and goodnight, no matter where we were, even if we couldnt actually ring. The charge went up just as I left (with Orange) to 20p a go, not sure what it is from here to the UK, but my mate and I are keeping up a goood friendship by text! He is an airline pilot, and so is abroad a lot on night-stops, and we are finding we can chat just as much with me here as we could with me in the UK!!